- 8 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 10 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 12 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 1 day ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Sports Varun Chakravarthy: Story of former architect who built Kolkata Knight Riders win with mystery spin
- News US Presidential Election: Donald Trump votes early in Florida
- Movies Who Is Suchitra? Here’s All You Need To Know About The Bigg Boss Tamil 4 Wild Card Contestant!
- Lifestyle Dussehra 2020: Muhurta, Legends And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance Top 5 Overseas And Private Banks Fetching Returns Up To 7 Per Cent On 1-Year FDs
- Technology Realme 100W Soundbar Review: Powerful And Immersive Audio On Budget
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover has invested in Arc Electric Motorcycles. The Arc electric superbike made its global debut at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy. The Arc Vector electric motorcycle is claimed to be the most advanced electric superbike.
Jaguar Land Rover has announced that it is placing capital in Arc Electric Motorcycles through its investment company, InMotion Ventures. Arc Electric Motorcycles states that the Vector is the first electric superbike to be equipped with an integrated Human Machine Interface (HMI).
Arc Motorcycles is yet to reveal the details about the new Vector electric superbike. But the company has revealed some vital information about the bike. The Arc Vector's structure will be built using a carbon composite to keep the weight as low as possible. The swingarms will be made out of carbon fibre.
The Arc Vector delivers a riding range of 274km on a single charge in urban conditions. On the highway, the electric superbike delivers a range of around 194km. The Arc Vector will also offer an impressive acceleration and can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 2.7 seconds before topping out at 200km/h. The electric superbike is equipped with Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes.
The Arc Vector is also the first electric bike to get integrated Human Machine Interface (HMI). The Vector comes with a specially designed jacket that provides inputs to the rider through haptic (touch) feedback. The jacket has been developed in collaboration with Knox.
The Arc Vector can also connect with an advanced helmet named as Zenith. The helmet has been developed by luxury helmet company Hedon. The helmet is equipped with inbuilt heads-up-display connected via Wi-Fi that displays vital information such as battery percentage and speed.
The helmet also gets a rear camera to cover the blind spot. The helmet can be operated through voice commands or the controls provided on the electric superbike.
Thoughts On The Jaguar Land Rover Electric Superbike Investment
Arc Electric Motorcycles is a startup company and the firm has managed to attract a major automotive company. Jaguar Land Rover has decided to back the electric motorcycle startup after the new Vector electric superbike was showcased at the EICMA motorcycle show. Arc Electric Motorcycles will manufacture only 399 units of the Vector electric superbike.