- 6 min ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 14 min ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 2 hrs ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah among Brett Lee's top three World Cup quicks
- Finance 10 Nifty Stocks That Hit 52-Week Highs Today
- Technology Fujifilm launches GFX100 game-changing Mirrorless Camera
- Movies Sudeep Reveals Another Important Detail About Pailwaan! Kiccha's All Praise For This Character
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover has invested in Arc Electric Motorcycles. The Arc electric superbike made its global debut at the 2018 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy. The Arc Vector electric motorcycle is claimed to be the most advanced electric superbike.
Jaguar Land Rover has announced that it is placing capital in Arc Electric Motorcycles through its investment company, InMotion Ventures. Arc Electric Motorcycles states that the Vector is the first electric superbike to be equipped with an integrated Human Machine Interface (HMI).
Arc Motorcycles is yet to reveal the details about the new Vector electric superbike. But the company has revealed some vital information about the bike. The Arc Vector's structure will be built using a carbon composite to keep the weight as low as possible. The swingarms will be made out of carbon fibre.
The Arc Vector delivers a riding range of 274km on a single charge in urban conditions. On the highway, the electric superbike delivers a range of around 194km. The Arc Vector will also offer an impressive acceleration and can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 2.7 seconds before topping out at 200km/h. The electric superbike is equipped with Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes.
The Arc Vector is also the first electric bike to get integrated Human Machine Interface (HMI). The Vector comes with a specially designed jacket that provides inputs to the rider through haptic (touch) feedback. The jacket has been developed in collaboration with Knox.
The Arc Vector can also connect with an advanced helmet named as Zenith. The helmet has been developed by luxury helmet company Hedon. The helmet is equipped with inbuilt heads-up-display connected via Wi-Fi that displays vital information such as battery percentage and speed.
The helmet also gets a rear camera to cover the blind spot. The helmet can be operated through voice commands or the controls provided on the electric superbike.
Thoughts On The Jaguar Land Rover Electric Superbike Investment
Arc Electric Motorcycles is a startup company and the firm has managed to attract a major automotive company. Jaguar Land Rover has decided to back the electric motorcycle startup after the new Vector electric superbike was showcased at the EICMA motorcycle show. Arc Electric Motorcycles will manufacture only 399 units of the Vector electric superbike.