- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
American motorcycle manufacturer, Indian Motorcycle has announced price reduction across the company's product line up in India.
The company imports its entire range of cruisers from the US, and the price reduction comes in the backdrop of the Indian government decision to cut customs duty on imported motorcycles.
Indian Motorcycle retails a wide range of cruisers ranging from the entry-level Scout Sixty to the top-of-the-line Indian Roadmaster.
The Indian Motorcycle prices have been reduced on completely built units (CBU) after the Indian government reduced the customs duty to 50 percent from 75 percent.
While CBU receives price cuts, motorcycles which are assembled in India from completely knocked down (CKD) kits are expected to receive a price hike with an increase in customs duty on motorcycle components.
However, motorcycles imported from Thailand, with whom India has a Free Trade Agreement will not be affected by the change in customs duty.
Here's The Indian Motorcycle Revised Price List:
|Indian Scout Sixty||Rs 10.99 Lakh|
|Indian Scout||Rs 12.69 Lakh|
|Indian Scout Bobber||Rs 11.99 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Dark Horse||Rs 18.81 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Classic||Rs 21.29 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Vintage||Rs 25.32 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Springfield||Rs 33.50 Lakh|
|Indian Chieftain||Rs 32.01 Lakh|
|Indian Roadmaster||Rs 39 Lakh|
"We are glad that the Government has rationalised the import duty structure to 50 percent across the range for imported bikes. The new attractive price of our products available in India will lead to more sales. This will also create opportunities for enthusiasts to buy our iconic products and be a part of the Indian Motorcycle family," said Pankaj Dubey, Managing Director & Country Head, Polaris India Pvt. Ltd.
As of now, bike manufacturers such as Harley-Davidson and Ducati have announced a price cut on their motorcycles which are imported.
Most of the Ducati bikes are being imported from Thailand, and hence they do not receive any change in prices in India.
BMW Motorrad has announced a price reduction of its range of bikes in India, which are mainly imported from Germany.
Triumph Motorcycles' product lineup in India are mostly CKD, so we expect an increase in prices of these bikes in India.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Indian Motorcycle Prices Being Reduced
Indian Motorcycle range of bikes in India is now more affordable than before.
The entry-level Indian Scout Sixty now costs Rs 10.99 lakh ex-showroom making it one of the cheapest imported cruisers in India.
We test rode the Indian Scout Sixty, and the bike performed well with its brisk pace and ease of riding through the city as well as on long distances.