- 50 min ago New Norton V4 RR Superbike Unveil Scheduled For Year-End: First Model Under New TVS Ownership
- 1 hr ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 Digital Instrument Cluster Display Revealed: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Renault Winter Service Camp Announced In India: Here Are All Details
- 17 hrs ago Porsche Taycan Creates New Drifting World Record: Longest Drift In An Electric Vehicle
- News Dear Bangabhumi Raidak Lottery Result 2020 to be declared today at 4 pm
- Sports India tour of Australia: No room for abuse, plenty for banter, says Justin Langer
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Calls Dhoom 2 His Induction Into School Of How To Be Sexy; Read His Post
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Finance Bitcoin Investment Is For Long Term; To Scale To Rs. 1 Crore By 2030: Analysts
- Technology Infinix Zero 8i India Launch Officially Confirmed; Arriving On December 2
- Lifestyle Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
American motorcycle manufacturer, Indian Motorcycle has announced price reduction across the company's product line up in India.
The company imports its entire range of cruisers from the US, and the price reduction comes in the backdrop of the Indian government decision to cut customs duty on imported motorcycles.
Indian Motorcycle retails a wide range of cruisers ranging from the entry-level Scout Sixty to the top-of-the-line Indian Roadmaster.
The Indian Motorcycle prices have been reduced on completely built units (CBU) after the Indian government reduced the customs duty to 50 percent from 75 percent.
While CBU receives price cuts, motorcycles which are assembled in India from completely knocked down (CKD) kits are expected to receive a price hike with an increase in customs duty on motorcycle components.
However, motorcycles imported from Thailand, with whom India has a Free Trade Agreement will not be affected by the change in customs duty.
Here's The Indian Motorcycle Revised Price List:
|Indian Scout Sixty||Rs 10.99 Lakh|
|Indian Scout||Rs 12.69 Lakh|
|Indian Scout Bobber||Rs 11.99 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Dark Horse||Rs 18.81 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Classic||Rs 21.29 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Vintage||Rs 25.32 Lakh|
|Indian Chief Springfield||Rs 33.50 Lakh|
|Indian Chieftain||Rs 32.01 Lakh|
|Indian Roadmaster||Rs 39 Lakh|
"We are glad that the Government has rationalised the import duty structure to 50 percent across the range for imported bikes. The new attractive price of our products available in India will lead to more sales. This will also create opportunities for enthusiasts to buy our iconic products and be a part of the Indian Motorcycle family," said Pankaj Dubey, Managing Director & Country Head, Polaris India Pvt. Ltd.
As of now, bike manufacturers such as Harley-Davidson and Ducati have announced a price cut on their motorcycles which are imported.
Most of the Ducati bikes are being imported from Thailand, and hence they do not receive any change in prices in India.
BMW Motorrad has announced a price reduction of its range of bikes in India, which are mainly imported from Germany.
Triumph Motorcycles' product lineup in India are mostly CKD, so we expect an increase in prices of these bikes in India.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Indian Motorcycle Prices Being Reduced
Indian Motorcycle range of bikes in India is now more affordable than before.
The entry-level Indian Scout Sixty now costs Rs 10.99 lakh ex-showroom making it one of the cheapest imported cruisers in India.
We test rode the Indian Scout Sixty, and the bike performed well with its brisk pace and ease of riding through the city as well as on long distances.