- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 17 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 21 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News In Nagpur south west, it's battle between CM Fadnavis, ex-BJP leader Deshmukh
- Sports Legendary Undertaker, Goldberg and more to miss 2019 WWE Crown Jewel
- Technology Week 42, 2019 Launch Roundup: Google Pixel 4, 4 XL, Nokia 110, Redmi Note 8, Realme X2 Pro And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Elimination: Shocking! Mahira Sharma Safe; Abu Or Dey - Who Might Get Evicted?
- Lifestyle World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
TVS Racing has announced a six-rider squad for this year's India Baja. The 2018 India Baja is scheduled to be held between the 17th to 19th August in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
TVS Racing, a factory racing arm of TVS Motor Company will be participating in the event, for the third consecutive year. Their squad will consist of Lorenzo Santolino from Spain, R Nataraj, Abdul Wahid Tanveer, Harith Noah, Imran Pasha and Rajendra RE from India.
Among the squad this year, Spanish racer Lorenzo Santolino comes in with vast experience in the international racing circuit. The Spanish racer, also participated in the desert storm rally earlier this year, securing a podium place finish.
His teammates, R Nataraj is an eight-time national champion, along with Abdul Wahid who has won three national championships in Rally and Supercross.
Harith Noah and Rajendra RE have each won seven and six national championships, respectively. With Noah, having undergone advanced rally riding training in Spain. Imran Pasha is the newest addition to the team, with one national championship to his name. Both Imran Pasha and Harith Noah will be participating for the first time in Baja India, while it will be the second year for Rajendra RE.
B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing, stated, "It gives us immense pleasure to be a part of the third edition of the India Baja. The takeaways from such Rally events are huge as it results in improving the teams' technical capability and provides inputs for the development of robust motorcycles."
"This time we have a good line-up of racers with Santolino joining from Spain and are looking at a top 5 finish."
Thoughts On The India Baja 2018
India Baja is the official franchise of the world's toughest motorsport event - Rally of Dakar. Starting on the 17th August, the rally will consist of 400km of extremely harsh Special Stages and over 150 km of transport stages. The India Baja 2018, to be held in Jaisalmer will pose harsh challenges to the competitors such as treacherous dune crossings, fast technical gravel straights and high temperatures.