TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Korean bike manufacturer Hyosung has updated its bikes with anti-lock brake (ABS) ahead of Indian government implementing the feature from April 2019. Now, the Hyosung GT250R and Aquila Pro get ABS feature. The bikes will continue to be sold through the company's independent retail network.
The GT250R and the Aquila Pro get dual channel ABS and are expected to receive a marginal increase in price compared to the non-abs bikes. Both the motorcycles are Hyosung's popular models in India. The company though has to update the Hyosung GT650R with the ABS feature.
Hyosung along with its partner DSK launched the facelifted GT250R in India back in April 2014. The quarter-litre motorcycle draws power from a 249cc V-Twin, oil-cooled-engine that produces 27bhp @ 10,000rpm and 22Nm of peak torque @ 8,000rpm and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The Hyosung GT250R competes with the likes of the Kawasaki Ninja 300, Benelli 302R and Yamaha Fazer 25 in the Indian market.
As for the Hyosung Aquila Pro, the cruiser is powered by a 647cc V-Twin, water-cooled-engine that churns out 73bhp @ 9,000rpm and 62Nm of peak torque @ 7,500rpm and comes paired with a 5-speed gearbox.
Currently, prices for the fully-faired Hyosung GT250R is Rs 3.45 lakh while the prices for the Hyosung Aquila Pro is Rs 5.63 lakh all-prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The company is yet to reveal the costs of the bikes with ABS. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we update you once the official prices are announced.
Thoughts About The Hyosung GT250R & Aquila Pro ABS Feature
Ahead of the implementation of the mandatory feature of ABS, Hyosung has updated its most popular GT250R and the Aquila Pro with the safety feature. Anti-lock braking system or anti-skid braking system that allows the wheels to maintain contact with the road surface as per driver inputs while braking; this allows the wheels from locking up and avoids uncontrolled skidding.
With the dual-channel ABS on the Hyosung GT250R and the Aquila Pro, the bikes are now safer than before.