- News Swaraj on 2 day visit to Bishkek for SCO Summit
- Technology Samsung India, Ready Action: Win Galaxy smartphones and Smart TVs by posting videos
- Finance SBI Jumps Over 7% Post Exit Poll Results: Should You Still Be Buying The Stock?
- Sports Five stars who featured in 2015 World Cup, but won't play in 2019
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Austrian motorcycle manufacturer Husqvarna, the sister company of KTM is all set to make its India debut with the Svartpilen 401 And Vitpilen 401. Recently, both the motorcycles were spotted testing in Pune, and now Motoroids has got hold of the clearest pictures of both the bikes.
The new Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 And Vitpilen 401 were unveiled at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show in Italy. Both the bikes are based on the KTM Duke 390 with the same engine and platform. But Husqvarna has given a complete makeover to the bikes by targetting them to a different set of buyers.
The Husqvarna Vitpilen is a cafe racer, whereas the Svartpilen is a scrambler. The Vitpilen 401 is a downsized version of the Vitpilen 701, and it is a more road-biased bike which is suitable for city commutes. The motorcycle sports aggressive riding posture and is shod with regular road-going tyres.
On the other hand, the Svartpilen 401 is a scrambler motorcycle which is suitable for long-distance touring. The Svartpilen features a relaxed riding posture with the raised handlebar, luggage rack on the fuel tank and it is shod with dual-purpose tyres. The overall appearance of the Svartpilen is rugged as compared to the Vitpilen.
When it comes to features, both the bikes are similarly equipped. The Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401 is equipped with a fully-digital instrument cluster with mobile connectivity options via Bluetooth. Similar to the KTM Duke 390, the instrument cluster also displays mobile notifications and is capable of changing the music on your phone.
Apart from that both the bikes features ride-by-wire throttle, slipper clutch, dual-channel ABS, all-LED lighting, 43mm WP USD forks at the front and WP monoshock at the rear. The Svartpilen 401 and Vitpilen 401 draws power from the same 373.3cc engine of the Duke 390 churning out 42.9bhp and 37Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 And Vitpilen 401
The Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 And Vitpilen 401 brings in a new breed of bikes to the Indian market. Both the bikes will be manufactured at Bajaj's Chakan facility and Husqvarna is expected to launch the motorcycles by the second quarter of the financial year 2018-19. Expect the Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 And Vitpilen 401 to carry a price tag of around Rs 2.5 lakh ex-showroom.