- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- Finance April Air Passenger Traffic Falls To A 6-Year Low
- Movies Sudeep Reveals Another Important Detail About Pailwaan! Kiccha's All Praise For This Character
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Sports Manchester United to bid for Newcastle star Sean Longstaff
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Husqvarna India is all set to begin operations in the country soon. As per reports, the Austrian motorcycle manufacturer will debut in India by mid-2019. The new Husqvarna bikes will be sold in India by Bajaj Auto and now more details about the launch have been revealed. MoneyControl reports that the Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 will be launched in India as CBU units.
Currently, the Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 401 are manufactured in Austria. Bajaj and KTM planned to move the production to India by early 2019. But now, Bajaj Auto has decided to launch the Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 as imported units.
Bajaj Auto plans to start the local production of the Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 401 after six months of its launch in the country. Both the bikes have been spotted testing in India and we can expect the launch to take place by early 2019. The Vitpilen and Svartpilen 401 are based on the KTM 390 Duke.
The Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 is a cafe racer with clip-on handlebars and spoke wheels. The Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 is a scrambler with upright riding stance, wide handlebar and spoke wheels. The Svartpilen 401 is a comfortable motorcycle to ride as compared to the Svartpilen 401.
The Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 401 draw power from a KTM-sourced 373.3cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 43bhp and 37Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
Braking duties on both the bikes are handled by 320mm disc up front and 230mm disc at the rear with Bosch dual-channel ABS as standard. Other features include USD forks at the front, monoshock suspension at the rear, digital instrument cluster and LED headlight.
Thoughts On The Husqvarna Vitpilen And Svartpilen 401
Husqvarna is all set to make its India debut in 2019 and the bike will be launched as CBU units. Once the local production starts, India will be the production hub for the entry-level Husqvarna bikes similar to the KTM bikes. But initially, the Husqvarna Vitpilen and Svartpilen 401 will come to India via CBU route and it might bump up the price tag of both the bikes.