- 52 min ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 2 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- News Does NOTA matter at all?
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Finance UPI Or IMPS For An Online Transaction: What Should You Opt?
- Movies Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Spin-off Shooting To Begin From June; Mrunal Jain & Rahul Sharma Approached!
- Sports Rumour: WWE to crown Goldberg as champion for Summerslam 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has announced that it will introduce the NSF 250R Moto3-spec bike in India to promote motorsports in the country. The Honda NSF 250R Moto3 bike will make its India debut by 2019. Honda will also start an exclusive racing series on the NSF 250R from 2019.
The upcoming Honda NSF 250R racing championship will be an ideal platform for young racers in India to showcase their talent at the national level. Honda also aims to produce a world-class rider from India to compete with the best riders around the world in Grand Prix racing.
The Honda NSF 250R draws power from a 249.3cc single-cylinder engine that produces 47.6bhp and 28Nm of peak torque. It is an incredibly light motorcycle with a dry weight of just 80kg. The NSF 250R is developed by Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) to replace the two-stroke Honda RS 125R.
Honda is a global leader in motorsports with over 750 Grand Prix wins under its belt. To replicate the same success, all Honda Group of Companies including India, have formed three new teams exclusively for Asian riders in international racing championships.
Honda Asia Dream Racing will compete in the historic Suzuka 8 Hours Endurance Race and JSB1000 class of All Japan Road Race Championship. The second team, Idemitsu Honda Team Asia is a platform for Asian riders in Moto2 and Honda Team Asia in Moto3 class of FIM Road Racing Championship.
The Moto3 and Moto2 are the stepping stones to MotoGP, the most premier class of circuit racing. Honda India dreams of an Indian rider representing the country in these teams.
Honda has been in the Indian motorsport scene since 2008 when it commenced the Honda One Make Racing Series. In May 2018, the company started a new rider development program called as the Honda India Talent Hunt. The talented young riders will be trained in Honda's racing academy and the selected riders will compete in the Honda India Talent Cup.
President and CEO and HMSIL Minoru Karo said, "It is my dream to see an iconic Indian compete in Grand Prix level racing. With a clear development path and structured approach to nurture riders in place, we now want to take Indian motorsports to the next level. Honda will introduce the Moto3 machine NSF 250R as competition bike in India next year."
Vice President, Brand and Communications, HMSIL, Prabhu Nagaraj said, "Setting a new benchmark, the highly successful NSF 250R starts a new chapter in Indian motorsports. Acknowledged globally as a stepping stone for budding champions, NSF 250R will be a huge step up for Indian riders."
Thoughts On The India Debut Of Honda NSF 250R
Honda has been an active player in the Indian motorsports scene and the company has taken a step ahead by deciding to introduce the Moto3-spec NSF 250R bike. With a world-class bike, the talented Indian riders can hone their skill and can step up their game. It will be a golden opportunity for all the budding riders in the country.