TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Honda has reduced the price of its superbike, the CBR1000RR India. The price of the standard Honda CBR1000RR stands at Rs 14.78 lakh as opposed to Rs 16.79lakh and gets price cut of Rs 2.01 lakh.
The Honda CBR1000RR SP gets a price cut of Rs 2.54 lakh and it is priced at Rs 18.68 lakh as opposed to Rs 21.22 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Honda has reduced the prices of the CBR1000RR due to the reduction in the custom duties on the CBU imports. The custom duties for automobile imports has been reduced by 25 percent. Several other bike makers have already announced the revised pricing for the imported models.
In 2017, Honda launched the new-gen CBR1000RR series in the Indian market. Powering the superbike is a 999cc inline, four-cylinder engine pumping out 189bhp and 114Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
Honda states that the new CBR1000RR has been revised by 90 percent to reduce the weight by 16kg and the kerb weight of the superbike stands at just 195kg. The reduced weight and the increased power output has resulted in an enhanced power-to-weight ratio by 14 percent.
The Honda Fireblade is loaded with electronic aids such as gyroscopic ABS system, ride-by-wire, 9-level traction control, selectable engine braking, electronic steering damper and power selector.
The Honda CBR1000RR SP also gets semi-active Ohlins Electronic Control (S-EC) suspension with 43mm inverted forks up front and monoshock at the rear, quickshifter and downshift assist. Both the variants feature a full-colour TFT display.
Thoughts On The Honda CBR1000RR Price Cut
Due to the reduction in the CBU custom duties, most of the superbikes in India have become cheaper. Manufacturers such as Ducati, Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley-Davidson and BMW Motorrad have already announced the revised pricing. We expect other bike makers to follow the same in the coming days.