- 2 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 4 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- 23 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Movies Pooja Hegde Signs Movies Only If This Unusual Demand Is Met; Fans Do Not Know How To React!
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- News Protestors block highway in Banihal over 'missing' man
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Sports MS Dhoni retirement: This is what Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir have to say
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Honda has reduced the price of its superbike, the CBR1000RR India. The price of the standard Honda CBR1000RR stands at Rs 14.78 lakh as opposed to Rs 16.79lakh and gets price cut of Rs 2.01 lakh.
The Honda CBR1000RR SP gets a price cut of Rs 2.54 lakh and it is priced at Rs 18.68 lakh as opposed to Rs 21.22 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Honda has reduced the prices of the CBR1000RR due to the reduction in the custom duties on the CBU imports. The custom duties for automobile imports has been reduced by 25 percent. Several other bike makers have already announced the revised pricing for the imported models.
In 2017, Honda launched the new-gen CBR1000RR series in the Indian market. Powering the superbike is a 999cc inline, four-cylinder engine pumping out 189bhp and 114Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
Honda states that the new CBR1000RR has been revised by 90 percent to reduce the weight by 16kg and the kerb weight of the superbike stands at just 195kg. The reduced weight and the increased power output has resulted in an enhanced power-to-weight ratio by 14 percent.
The Honda Fireblade is loaded with electronic aids such as gyroscopic ABS system, ride-by-wire, 9-level traction control, selectable engine braking, electronic steering damper and power selector.
The Honda CBR1000RR SP also gets semi-active Ohlins Electronic Control (S-EC) suspension with 43mm inverted forks up front and monoshock at the rear, quickshifter and downshift assist. Both the variants feature a full-colour TFT display.
Thoughts On The Honda CBR1000RR Price Cut
Due to the reduction in the CBU custom duties, most of the superbikes in India have become cheaper. Manufacturers such as Ducati, Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley-Davidson and BMW Motorrad have already announced the revised pricing. We expect other bike makers to follow the same in the coming days.