- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
World's largest two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp is gearing up for the launch of the Xtreme 200R in India. Now, the price of the Hero Xtreme 200R has been revealed on the official website. The Hero Xtreme 200R is priced at Rs 88,000 ex-showroom in eight North-East Indian states.
The eight states listed on the website are Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, and West Bengal. However, Hero MotoCorp is yet to launch the bike in the country. The price tag of the Hero Xtreme 200R is very competitive as compared to other 200cc bikes in the market.
The Hero Xtreme 200R will lock horns with the likes of TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200. The prices for the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V start at Rs 1.03 lakh and the prices for the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 start at Rs 1 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom. The Hero Xtreme 200R will become the most affordable 200cc bike in the Indian market.
The Hero Xtreme 200R is powered by an all-new 200cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine producing 18.1bhp and 17.2Nm of torque. The engine is equipped with a balancer shaft and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The Xtreme 200R will return a claimed mileage of 39.9kpl.
The Hero Xtreme 200R features 37mm telescopic forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear. The bike is equipped with 276mm disc brake at the front and 220mm disc at the rear. Hero also offers single-channel ABS. Overall, the Hero Xtreme 200R is a good package for the price it demands.
The Hero Xtreme 200R will be targeted towards buyers who are looking for a powerful yet fuel efficient bike. It would be a good alternative to the 160cc premium commuter bikes as it falls under the same price bracket. Hero MotoCorp might also introduce the FI variant of the bike in the coming months.
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 200R
The Xtreme 200R is a crucial product for Hero MotoCorp as the company is trying to capture the premium motorcycle segment. The Xtreme 200R is inspired by the older CBZ Xtreme and follows the same design philosophy.
Hero MotoCorp has hit the sweet spot with the pricing of the Xtreme 200R, but the bike lacks some of the features and it is also underpowered as compared to its competition.