- 46 min ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Sports Barcelona 2008-09: The lasting legacy of Guardiola and Messi's masterpiece
- Technology Google set to reveal game titles for Stadia but is India ready for it?
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Finance Govt Merges Statistical Bodies CSO And NSSO
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Education WB HS Result 2019 Declared: 86.92 Percent Students Passed
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
World's largest two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp is all set to launch the Xtreme 200R in the Indian market. Now, one of the Hero MotoCorp dealers in Bangalore has revealed to DriveSpark that the Xtreme 200R will be launched in India by the end of April or May 2018.
Hero MotoCorp showcased the Xtreme 200R at the Auto Expo 2018 and now the company is all set to launch the naked motorcycle in India. The Xtreme 200R will be a premium offering from Hero as the company is moving towards premium segment to improve its brand value in India.
The Hero Xtreme 200R follows the same design language as the Xtreme Sports but gets few changes to enhance the appeal of the 200cc naked bike. The design is an evolution of the original CBZ Xtreme and the motorcycle gets few additional premium features.
The Hero Xtreme 200R features a sharp headlamp with LED DRLs and a small visor with the sporty front cowl. The bike also gets a stylish LED tail light with spit grab rail and step-up seats. The tail section is sporty with the wide rear tyre and short and tidy rear mudguard.
The Hero Xtreme 200R draws power from an all-new 200cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine producing 18.1bhp and 17.2Nm of torque. The engine also features a balancer shaft and is paired with a 5-speed gearbox. The Xtreme 200R will return a claimed mileage of 39.9kpl.
The naked streetfighter is equipped with 37mm telescopic forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 276mm disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear with single-channel ABS as an optional feature. The bike rides on 17-inch alloy wheels.
The Hero Xtreme 200R will hit the roads by the end of this month or May 2018. Expect the pricing to be in the range of Rs 85,000 ex-showroom. Some dealers are already accepting unofficial bookings and soon Hero might commence official bookings across the dealerships in the country.
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 200R
The Hero Xtreme 200R is a premium offering from the Indian two-wheeler manufacturer. The Xtreme 200R will rival the likes of TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200. But we feel that Hero might be late to launch the Xtreme 200R in India as the motorcycle lags in terms of technology, performance and styling.