Hero MotoCorp has unveiled its new premium motorcycle Xtreme 200R in India. Scroll down the page for the highlights of the new Hero Xtreme 200R unveil in pictures, with the most updated news and images at the bottom of the page.
- Hyundai Santro Sales Cross 57,000 Units; Moves Up The Ladder With The Top-Selling Cars In India
- Bentley Bentayga Speed Runs Off With ‘The Fastest SUV In The World’ Title; Italians Worried
- Unlock Your Cars Through Facial Recognition — Apple Patent New Face Recognition Technology
- Tesla Dog Mode Lets You Leave Your Pets Safely In The Car — Watch The Video
- Mahindra XUV300’s Unique And First-In-Class Features That Make It A Compelling Buy
- Benelli TRK 502 Adventure-Tourer Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 5 Lakh
- Renault Kwid Electric Patent Images Leaked — Is An India-Launch On The Cards?
- Tata H7X (Harrier 7-Seater) To Debut At 2019 Geneva Motor Show — What You Can Expect
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- EV Charging Stations In India: EVI Technologies To Install 20,000 Electric Vehicle Charging Location
The live blog has now closed
The Stage Is Set For The Hero Xtreme 200R Unveil
We're at the Hero Xtreme 200R unveil in India. We’re bringing you the latest news, photos, details, and insight of the new Hero Xtreme 200R. Hero MotoCorp is moving towards the highly competitive 200cc - 300cc bike segment in India with the Xtreme 200R, which has witnessed tremendous growth in the last two years. From the recent images revealed by the company, the Hero Xtreme 200R looks similar to the Xtreme Sports 150cc bike but is quite sharper and sportier.
Hero MotoCorp is moving towards the highly competitive 200cc - 300cc bike segment in India with the Xtreme 200R, which has witnessed tremendous growth in the last two years. From the recent images revealed by the company, the Hero Xtreme 200R looks similar to the Xtreme Sports 150cc bike but is quite sharper and sportier.
Hero Xtreme 200R Is The Offcial Name
The new Hero 200c motorcycle was first showcased as a concept at the Auto Expo 2016 and was named Xtreme 200S and was then reported to be named as Hero Xtreme NXT. However, the official name is Hero Xtreme 200R.
Hero MotoCorp states that target audience for the Xtreme 200R bike is under 30 years of age. Also, about 35 percent of these buyers will be college going students.
Ride, Handling And Stability Of The Hero Xtreme 200R
The Hero Xtreme 200R is designed to offer excellent ride and handling. From the ergonomics, engine and braking performance, along with the exhaust note will give the buyers an excellent handling along with sporty performance.
Hero Xtreme 200R Suspension
The suspension duties of the new Xtreme 200R will be carried out by 37mm telescopic front forks with anti-friction bush and mono shock at the rear.
Colours Of The Xtreme 200R
The Hero Xtreme 200R is available in fiver different colours. The colour scheme looks to target young bike buyers in India.
Xtreme 200 R Engine Specifications & Gearbox
The Hero Xtreme 200R is powered by a 200cc single-cylinder engine producing 18bhp and 17Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Hero Xtreme 200R Brakes
The Hero Xtreme 200R braking duties are carried out by 276mm disc brakes at the front with ABS as optional and 220mm at the rear.
Hero Xtreme 200R Design & Style
Hero has borrowed most of the styling of the concept, but has more conventional design. The headlamp unit of the Xtreme 200R; however, it features LED pilot lamps.
Hero MotoCorp will launch the Xtreme 200R at the Auto Expo 2018 and this event was just an unveil. The styling and the design language of the Xtreme 200R looks promising and with the company's massive market share in India, the new Xtreme 200R seems to have all the elements to compete with its rivals.
Here's a look at the instrument console of the Hero Xtreme 200R. The digital-analogue looks traditional and conventional but it does serve the purpose.
And that's the end of our live updates of the Hero Xtreme 200R unveil in India. The Hero Xtreme 200R India launch is scheduled at the upcoming Auto Expo 2018. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you live coverage of India's biennial event.