Hero MotoCorp has unveiled its new premium motorcycle Xtreme 200R in India. Scroll down the page for the highlights of the new Hero Xtreme 200R unveil in pictures, with the most updated news and images at the bottom of the page.
- New Hyundai i20 Facelift Vs. Maruti Baleno Comparison: Design, Specs, Features, Price & Mileage
- TVS Apache RTR 200 Ethanol Top Features To Know: Reduced Emissions, New Graphics & More
- Aprilia RS 150 Vs. Yamaha R15 V3 Comparison: Design, Specs, Features And Price
- UM Renegade Thor Top Features You Should Know: Electric Motor, LED Lights, Classic Design & More
- TVS Zeppelin Top Features To Know: Full-LED Headlamps, Integrated Camera, E-Boost & More
- Aprilia RS 150 Top Features You Should Know: RSV4-Inspired Design, ABS, Quick-Shifter & More
- Toyota 'Etios Series' To Receive Yet Another Facelift
- Aprilia SR 125 Top Features You Should Know: New 125cc Engine, 14-Inch Alloys, Disc Brake & More
- Volkswagen Polo And Ameo To Get New Petrol Engine — Power And Mileage Revealed
- Richard Hammond Rides A TVS Star In 'The Grand Tour' Season Two
The live blog has now closed
The Stage Is Set For The Hero Xtreme 200R Unveil
We're at the Hero Xtreme 200R unveil in India. We’re bringing you the latest news, photos, details, and insight of the new Hero Xtreme 200R. Hero MotoCorp is moving towards the highly competitive 200cc - 300cc bike segment in India with the Xtreme 200R, which has witnessed tremendous growth in the last two years. From the recent images revealed by the company, the Hero Xtreme 200R looks similar to the Xtreme Sports 150cc bike but is quite sharper and sportier.
Hero MotoCorp is moving towards the highly competitive 200cc - 300cc bike segment in India with the Xtreme 200R, which has witnessed tremendous growth in the last two years. From the recent images revealed by the company, the Hero Xtreme 200R looks similar to the Xtreme Sports 150cc bike but is quite sharper and sportier.
Hero Xtreme 200R Is The Offcial Name
The new Hero 200c motorcycle was first showcased as a concept at the Auto Expo 2016 and was named Xtreme 200S and was then reported to be named as Hero Xtreme NXT. However, the official name is Hero Xtreme 200R.
Hero MotoCorp states that target audience for the Xtreme 200R bike is under 30 years of age. Also, about 35 percent of these buyers will be college going students.
Ride, Handling And Stability Of The Hero Xtreme 200R
The Hero Xtreme 200R is designed to offer excellent ride and handling. From the ergonomics, engine and braking performance, along with the exhaust note will give the buyers an excellent handling along with sporty performance.
Hero Xtreme 200R Suspension
The suspension duties of the new Xtreme 200R will be carried out by 37mm telescopic front forks with anti-friction bush and mono shock at the rear.
Colours Of The Xtreme 200R
The Hero Xtreme 200R is available in fiver different colours. The colour scheme looks to target young bike buyers in India.
Xtreme 200 R Engine Specifications & Gearbox
The Hero Xtreme 200R is powered by a 200cc single-cylinder engine producing 18bhp and 17Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
Hero Xtreme 200R Brakes
The Hero Xtreme 200R braking duties are carried out by 276mm disc brakes at the front with ABS as optional and 220mm at the rear.
Hero Xtreme 200R Design & Style
Hero has borrowed most of the styling of the concept, but has more conventional design. The headlamp unit of the Xtreme 200R; however, it features LED pilot lamps.
Hero MotoCorp will launch the Xtreme 200R at the Auto Expo 2018 and this event was just an unveil. The styling and the design language of the Xtreme 200R looks promising and with the company's massive market share in India, the new Xtreme 200R seems to have all the elements to compete with its rivals.
Here's a look at the instrument console of the Hero Xtreme 200R. The digital-analogue looks traditional and conventional but it does serve the purpose.
And that's the end of our live updates of the Hero Xtreme 200R unveil in India. The Hero Xtreme 200R India launch is scheduled at the upcoming Auto Expo 2018. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you live coverage of India's biennial event.