TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
World's largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp is all set to launch the Xtreme 200R naked street fighter in the country. Now, Bikewale reports that the Hero Xtreme 200R will also get fuel injection technology later this year. Initially, the Xtreme 200R will be introduced only in a carburetted variant.
Hero MotoCorp is expected to launch the Xtreme 200R in the Indian market in the next two weeks. The report states that the top-spec variant will be introduced later this year. The new variant of the Hero Xtreme 200R will feature fuel injection technology, a similar unit which was seen on the XPulse.
The Hero Xtreme 200R and the XPulse are underpinned by the same chassis but tuned differently to suit the characteristics of the bikes. Even the engine and other mechanical components are identical but Hero might tweak the power and torque output of the XPulse as it is an adventure motorcycle.
The Hero Xtreme 200R draws power from an all-new 200cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine producing 18.1bhp and 17.2Nm of torque. The engine is also equipped with a balancer shaft and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The Xtreme 200R will return a claimed mileage of 39.9kpl.
The Hero Xtreme 200R is equipped with 37mm telescopic forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 276mm disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear. Hero also offers the safety net of single-channel ABS as all the two-wheelers above 125cc should be equipped with ABS.
The Hero Xtreme 200R will be branded as a powerful and fuel-efficient commuter which will be an alternative to the 160cc premium commuter bikes. The Xtreme 200R will be an affordable motorcycle as compared to the currently sold 200cc bikes in the Indian market.
The FI variant of the Xtreme 200R is expected to be cheaper than the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the carburetted TVS Apache RTR 200 4V.
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 200R Getting Fuel Injection System
The Hero Xtreme 200R is a crucial product for Hero MotoCorp as it is on a mission to capture the premium motorcycle segment in the country. However, the Xtreme 200R is not an outright performance bike as it is tuned to deliver high fuel efficiency as compared to its rivals. So, with the inclusion of fuel injection, the mileage figures might slightly improve.