- 14 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- News Watch the video of Dalit body president being attacked at Press club in Hyderabad
- Sports Asian Championships winner Gomathi fails dope test
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 69.67
- Technology Samsung's latest 5x optical zoom camera sensor is just 5mm in thickness
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 13: Overtakes Srimanthudu To Reach A New Milestone!
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
World's largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp is all set to launch the Xtreme 200R naked street fighter in the country. Now, Bikewale reports that the Hero Xtreme 200R will also get fuel injection technology later this year. Initially, the Xtreme 200R will be introduced only in a carburetted variant.
Hero MotoCorp is expected to launch the Xtreme 200R in the Indian market in the next two weeks. The report states that the top-spec variant will be introduced later this year. The new variant of the Hero Xtreme 200R will feature fuel injection technology, a similar unit which was seen on the XPulse.
The Hero Xtreme 200R and the XPulse are underpinned by the same chassis but tuned differently to suit the characteristics of the bikes. Even the engine and other mechanical components are identical but Hero might tweak the power and torque output of the XPulse as it is an adventure motorcycle.
The Hero Xtreme 200R draws power from an all-new 200cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine producing 18.1bhp and 17.2Nm of torque. The engine is also equipped with a balancer shaft and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The Xtreme 200R will return a claimed mileage of 39.9kpl.
The Hero Xtreme 200R is equipped with 37mm telescopic forks up front and monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a 276mm disc at the front and 220mm disc at the rear. Hero also offers the safety net of single-channel ABS as all the two-wheelers above 125cc should be equipped with ABS.
The Hero Xtreme 200R will be branded as a powerful and fuel-efficient commuter which will be an alternative to the 160cc premium commuter bikes. The Xtreme 200R will be an affordable motorcycle as compared to the currently sold 200cc bikes in the Indian market.
The FI variant of the Xtreme 200R is expected to be cheaper than the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the carburetted TVS Apache RTR 200 4V.
Thoughts On The Hero Xtreme 200R Getting Fuel Injection System
The Hero Xtreme 200R is a crucial product for Hero MotoCorp as it is on a mission to capture the premium motorcycle segment in the country. However, the Xtreme 200R is not an outright performance bike as it is tuned to deliver high fuel efficiency as compared to its rivals. So, with the inclusion of fuel injection, the mileage figures might slightly improve.