TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Hero MotoCorp has announced a hike in prices across its entire product lineup. The company has increased the ex-showroom prices of all two-wheelers by Rs 625, with immediate effect.
Hero MotoCorp has stated that the increase in prices has been done to partially offset the consistent rising input costs, including the prices of commodities. The exact amount increased due to the price hike will vary, based on the model and the specific market.
This is the second revision in prices from Hero within one calendar year, with the first hike of Rs 400 taking place in January 2018. The reason for the first hike was also stated to be the rising input costs.
The hike in prices from Hero MotoCorp comes weeks after TVS Motors and Bajaj Auto increased the prices of their model range. However, despite the price hikes, two-wheeler sales have been seen having a steady growth in the country.
Hero sells a wide range of two-wheelers, with prices ranging from Rs 37,000 for the HF Dawn to its upcoming flagship motorcycle, the Xtreme 200R, which is expected to be priced at Rs 85,000.
The world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp, is all set to launch its new flagship Xtreme 200R motorcycle in India. The motorcycle was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, with its launch expected to take place by the end of April or Early May.
The new 200cc offering from Hero will take on rivals such as the TVS Apache RTR200 4V and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.
Thoughts On Hero MotorCorp Price Hike
The recent hike in prices from Hero is its second price hike, within the first four months of 2018. We can expect other motorcycle brands to continue this trend as well in the future.
With the upcoming launch of the new premium motorcycle, the Xtreme 200R, Hero MotorCorp hopes to improve its brand value in India.