- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Jamshedpur FC vs Chennaiyin FC: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, Match Info
- News PM Modi meets Arun Shourie at Pune hospital, enquires about his health
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
The Harley-Davidson Blue Edition is officially the world's most expensive bike. The one-off motorcycle was made by Swiss watch and jewellery maker, Bucherer in collaboration with bike specialist, Bündnerbike.
The unique motorcycle creation has been given a price of 1.79 million US dollars or Rs 12.2 crore and took more than 2500 hours to finish. A team of eight from both Bucherer and Bündnerbike are responsible for this one-of-a-kind Harley Davidson. The motorcycle was unveiled at an event in Zurich, Switzerland.
The Blue Edition is based on a Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S. But the final result doesn't even look remotely close to the original Harley. The frame and rims have been custom-made. Various parts are gold-plated. The creators have also managed to make a window that reveals the rotating camshaft.
The whole setup is illuminated by heat-resistant LEDs. In fact, this is the only motorcycle in the world to have an engine that is illuminated from inside.
While the seat has been hand-sewn in Switzerland, the iridescent blue paint finish has got a six-layer coating. The coating technique is kept as a secret.
There is also a watch enclosed on the right side of the fuel tank. Never before was a watch integrated into a motorcycle, from the factory.
Several jewels are found on various parts of the motorcycle. What would've been rubber bushes or washers on a regular motorcycle, have been replaced with precious metals. There is also a 5.40-carat Dizzler ring placed in the left half of the fuel tank.
To protect the exclusively-made Carl F. Bucherer watch from the vibrations of the engine, it is enclosed in a cage with a special holder made from silicon rings. The holder also acts as a watch winder, to keep it running even if the motorcycle is not used for long periods of time.
Such is the attention to detail.
Check out the video for more information about this creation:
As for the engine specifications, the Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S is powered by a 1.8-litre air-cooled V-Twin with 148Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The bike originally costs 18,999 US dollars or almost Rs 13 lakh (direct conversion excluding taxes).
Thoughts On The Most Expensive Motorcycle In The World
The Harley-Davidson Blue Edition has been made with a lot of sophistication and craftsmanship. While it has everything a motorcycle needs to run, the cost and value of the body elements make one wonder if it will ever see the roads. The world's most expensive motorcycle might spend the rest of its life behind the glass.
We believe that motorcycles and cars are meant to be used, rather than be looked at. Do you believe in the same?