- 2 min ago Hyundai Venue Fuels Price Wars — Tata, Ford, And Maruti Offer Discounts
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle When Tinsel Town Divas Made White-hued Outfits Trendy At Cannes 2019
- Movies Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka 2 Spoiler: New Twists In Mishaan's Love Story; Veer Gets Hint About Them!
- News Lok Sabha poll results create vacancies in UP Cabinet, first reshuffle likely soon
- Finance Education Loan Market Shrinks 25% In Four Years: Report
- Technology OnePlus 7 Pro new OxygenOS update improves system and camera performance
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar passes his father's words of wisdom to son, advises Arjun Tendulkar to never take shortcuts
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
The Harley-Davidson Blue Edition is officially the world's most expensive bike. The one-off motorcycle was made by Swiss watch and jewellery maker, Bucherer in collaboration with bike specialist, Bündnerbike.
The unique motorcycle creation has been given a price of 1.79 million US dollars or Rs 12.2 crore and took more than 2500 hours to finish. A team of eight from both Bucherer and Bündnerbike are responsible for this one-of-a-kind Harley Davidson. The motorcycle was unveiled at an event in Zurich, Switzerland.
The Blue Edition is based on a Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S. But the final result doesn't even look remotely close to the original Harley. The frame and rims have been custom-made. Various parts are gold-plated. The creators have also managed to make a window that reveals the rotating camshaft.
The whole setup is illuminated by heat-resistant LEDs. In fact, this is the only motorcycle in the world to have an engine that is illuminated from inside.
While the seat has been hand-sewn in Switzerland, the iridescent blue paint finish has got a six-layer coating. The coating technique is kept as a secret.
There is also a watch enclosed on the right side of the fuel tank. Never before was a watch integrated into a motorcycle, from the factory.
Several jewels are found on various parts of the motorcycle. What would've been rubber bushes or washers on a regular motorcycle, have been replaced with precious metals. There is also a 5.40-carat Dizzler ring placed in the left half of the fuel tank.
To protect the exclusively-made Carl F. Bucherer watch from the vibrations of the engine, it is enclosed in a cage with a special holder made from silicon rings. The holder also acts as a watch winder, to keep it running even if the motorcycle is not used for long periods of time.
Such is the attention to detail.
Check out the video for more information about this creation:
As for the engine specifications, the Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S is powered by a 1.8-litre air-cooled V-Twin with 148Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The bike originally costs 18,999 US dollars or almost Rs 13 lakh (direct conversion excluding taxes).
Thoughts On The Most Expensive Motorcycle In The World
The Harley-Davidson Blue Edition has been made with a lot of sophistication and craftsmanship. While it has everything a motorcycle needs to run, the cost and value of the body elements make one wonder if it will ever see the roads. The world's most expensive motorcycle might spend the rest of its life behind the glass.
We believe that motorcycles and cars are meant to be used, rather than be looked at. Do you believe in the same?