- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 4 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 4 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 5 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: West Indies bank on Gayle and Russell
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- Technology Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Harley-Davidson 250cc – 300cc Motorcycles To Be Introduced: Harley-Davidson, the American motorcycle maker, has just made a massive announcement that could very well change their direction in the market. The company has confirmed that they have plans to expand their global footprint by introducing new small-capacity motorcycles for Asian countries, especially India.
Harley-Davidson will start manufacturing 250cc – 500cc motorcycles in partnership with an Asia-based two-wheeler company, similar to that between Bajaj and KTM or TVS and BMW Motorrad.However, no details are known about the potential partner.
The company will also be launching the production version of the Livewire electric motorcycle by August, next year. Harley-Davidson's President and CEO, Matt Levatich, has told that he is pushing hard to reverse the company's state of affairs. He also says that they plan to shift production away from the US due to increased EU tariffs.
The company is very careful of the tasks ahead as the expansion process will cost the brand a fortune. To be precise, Levatich has estimated a total investment of $825 million or Rs 5,660 crore for the next four years.
The plan – ‘More roads to Harley-Davidson' – is spread out to the year 2022. Moreover, the company has claimed to launch 100 new motorcycles by 2027. As of now, the list includes the Pan America 1250, a 1250cc Custom and a 975cc Streetfighter model which will make their debut by 2020.
Harley wants to take its accessibility a notch higher and plans to develop a 250cc to 500cc motorcycle especially for the Asian market. It is clearly mentioned that this new motorcycle will be an important product for the Indian market.
The company, along with the plan to introduce lighter motorcycles, also intends to boost their online experience through their website – www.harley-davidson.com. Also, Harley is looking to establish strategic alliances with leading global e-commerce brands.
So maybe one day, you could buy your Harley through online stores such as Amazon or even Flipkart.
With the 'More Roads to Harley-Davidson' plan, the company expects to generate an additional revenue of one billion dollars in 2022 as compared to last year; a significant amount, indeed. As of now, it is too early to say anything about the new 250cc – 500cc motorcycles. But it is definitely something to look forward to.
Thoughts On Harley-Davidson's Plans To Introduce 250cc – 500cc Motorcycle
Harley-Davidson motorcycles have never been about affordability. However, the brand's latest plans to make 250cc – 500cc light motorcycles could make a difference to that. If the company does partner with an Indian motorcycle brand and price the new products right, we can definitely see some top-sellers. What do you think?