- 5 min ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 6 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 9 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Sports Mane makes poor Palace pay yet again to reach Liverpool century at Anfield
- News Govt hikes domestic flight capacity to 85%
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
A Coimbatore-based company called eMotion Motors have recently unveiled their new electric motorcycle, the eMotion Surge. The renderings of the new Surge motorcycle was unveiled on their website.
The new electric motorcycle features a stylish design and a streetfighter stance. The front of the motorcycle features a sharp looking headlamp unit, with a small flyscreen on top of it.
The eMotion surge has been developed over a period of seven years, undergoing almost 30,000km of testing. The Surge claims a maximum range of 100km on a single charge.
The electric motorcycle uses a 40Ah lithium-ion battery, which is charged in 30 minutes using the company's express charging. eMotion also provides an extended battery pack. This extender increases the range to 200km on a single charge.
The motorcycle claims to make 28Nm of torque from its electric motors while having 517Nm of torque at the wheel. The electric motorcycle is semi-geared, with a four-speed gearbox.
The Surge is claimed to have a 0 - 60km/h time less than four seconds, with a top speed of 120km/h. eMotion also states that their electric motorcycle will come with different customisable ride modes. The motorcycle is also expected to have a utility space, enough to fit a helmet.
Other features of the eMotion Surge Motorcycle: seven-inch backlit display, smartphone connectivity, GPS navigation, vehicle tracking, Anti-theft, GEO fencing, cloud connectivity with air updates and automatic SOS. The motorcycle also comes with reverse function.
The rendering shown by eMotion Motors of their new motorcycle looks really promising. However, it is still not confirmed if the motorcycle will go into production or not.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 And 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The eMotion Surge Electric Motorcycle
There is a constant rise in the number of start-ups in the electric two-wheeler space in India. With India moving towards electric vehicles in the future, many start-ups are taking up the opportunity to produce vehicles in the EV segment.