- 56 min ago Renault India Offers Discounts & Benefits On Kwid, Triber & Duster Up To Rs 60,000 In June 2020
- 1 hr ago BMW Group Plant Chennai Sets New Benchmarks In Sustainable Manufacturing
- 1 hr ago Tata HBX Micro SUV Resumes Testing After The Lockdown Eased: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Volkswagen India Introduces Das WeltAuto 3.0 — Buying And Selling Pre-Owned Cars
- News Amidst standoff, China appoints new PLA Army commander for overseeing India border
- Movies Kapil Sharma Says When He And Sunil Grover Are Together, They Don’t Have To Work Too Hard!
- Sports Diego Costa fined for tax fraud, escapes jail
- Technology iQOO Z1x With Snapdragon 765G Chipset Might Launch Soon
- Lifestyle On World Environment Day 2020, Go Green With These Bollywood Divas’ Inspired Lovely Outfits
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
A Coimbatore-based company called eMotion Motors have recently unveiled their new electric motorcycle, the eMotion Surge. The renderings of the new Surge motorcycle was unveiled on their website.
The new electric motorcycle features a stylish design and a streetfighter stance. The front of the motorcycle features a sharp looking headlamp unit, with a small flyscreen on top of it.
The eMotion surge has been developed over a period of seven years, undergoing almost 30,000km of testing. The Surge claims a maximum range of 100km on a single charge.
The electric motorcycle uses a 40Ah lithium-ion battery, which is charged in 30 minutes using the company's express charging. eMotion also provides an extended battery pack. This extender increases the range to 200km on a single charge.
The motorcycle claims to make 28Nm of torque from its electric motors while having 517Nm of torque at the wheel. The electric motorcycle is semi-geared, with a four-speed gearbox.
The Surge is claimed to have a 0 - 60km/h time less than four seconds, with a top speed of 120km/h. eMotion also states that their electric motorcycle will come with different customisable ride modes. The motorcycle is also expected to have a utility space, enough to fit a helmet.
Other features of the eMotion Surge Motorcycle: seven-inch backlit display, smartphone connectivity, GPS navigation, vehicle tracking, Anti-theft, GEO fencing, cloud connectivity with air updates and automatic SOS. The motorcycle also comes with reverse function.
The rendering shown by eMotion Motors of their new motorcycle looks really promising. However, it is still not confirmed if the motorcycle will go into production or not.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 And 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The eMotion Surge Electric Motorcycle
There is a constant rise in the number of start-ups in the electric two-wheeler space in India. With India moving towards electric vehicles in the future, many start-ups are taking up the opportunity to produce vehicles in the EV segment.