- 11 hrs ago Spy Pics: Tata Tiago Facelift Spotted Testing Ahead Of Next Year Launch, Features Larger Grille
- 12 hrs ago Spy Pics: Renault Duster BS-VI Spotted Testing On Pune Mumbai Highway
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Aura Engine Specifications Revealed: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Honda Civic Retains Executive Sedan Segment Top Spot: Records 30% Month-On-Month Growth
- Movies Yash Opens Up About His Struggling Days And The Success Of His Movie KGF
- Technology Upcoming Nokia Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Jharkhand polls 2019: BJP names 8 more candidates
- Sports First India-WI T20 in doubt as Mumbai police yet to guarantee security cover
- Lifestyle Chickpeas Chana During Pregnancy: Benefits, Side Effects & How to Consume
- Travel 8 Exhilarating Water Adventures In India For Couples
- Finance SEBI Hikes PMS Min Investment Requirement Limit; Cuts Rights Issue Process Time
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
A Coimbatore-based company called eMotion Motors have recently unveiled their new electric motorcycle, the eMotion Surge. The renderings of the new Surge motorcycle was unveiled on their website.
The new electric motorcycle features a stylish design and a streetfighter stance. The front of the motorcycle features a sharp looking headlamp unit, with a small flyscreen on top of it.
The eMotion surge has been developed over a period of seven years, undergoing almost 30,000km of testing. The Surge claims a maximum range of 100km on a single charge.
The electric motorcycle uses a 40Ah lithium-ion battery, which is charged in 30 minutes using the company's express charging. eMotion also provides an extended battery pack. This extender increases the range to 200km on a single charge.
The motorcycle claims to make 28Nm of torque from its electric motors while having 517Nm of torque at the wheel. The electric motorcycle is semi-geared, with a four-speed gearbox.
The Surge is claimed to have a 0 - 60km/h time less than four seconds, with a top speed of 120km/h. eMotion also states that their electric motorcycle will come with different customisable ride modes. The motorcycle is also expected to have a utility space, enough to fit a helmet.
Other features of the eMotion Surge Motorcycle: seven-inch backlit display, smartphone connectivity, GPS navigation, vehicle tracking, Anti-theft, GEO fencing, cloud connectivity with air updates and automatic SOS. The motorcycle also comes with reverse function.
The rendering shown by eMotion Motors of their new motorcycle looks really promising. However, it is still not confirmed if the motorcycle will go into production or not.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 And 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The eMotion Surge Electric Motorcycle
There is a constant rise in the number of start-ups in the electric two-wheeler space in India. With India moving towards electric vehicles in the future, many start-ups are taking up the opportunity to produce vehicles in the EV segment.