- 18 hrs ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 18 hrs ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 1 day ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 1 day ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 10 Box Office Collection: Pawan Kalyan’s Courtroom Drama Runs Slow
- Sports IPL 2021: I’ve already started enjoying captaincy: Rishabh Pant after Delhi’s six-wicket win over Punjab
- News Fight against coronavirus, not farmers: Samyukta Kisan Morcha to govt
- Technology Vivo V21 Full Specs Tipped Ahead Of Launch; Dimensity 800U SoC, 64MP Triple Camera Confirmed
- Education JEE Main Exam 2021 News: JEE Main 2021 Postponed For April Session, Dates To Announced Later. Check Details
- Lifestyle What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
A Coimbatore-based company called eMotion Motors have recently unveiled their new electric motorcycle, the eMotion Surge. The renderings of the new Surge motorcycle was unveiled on their website.
The new electric motorcycle features a stylish design and a streetfighter stance. The front of the motorcycle features a sharp looking headlamp unit, with a small flyscreen on top of it.
The eMotion surge has been developed over a period of seven years, undergoing almost 30,000km of testing. The Surge claims a maximum range of 100km on a single charge.
The electric motorcycle uses a 40Ah lithium-ion battery, which is charged in 30 minutes using the company's express charging. eMotion also provides an extended battery pack. This extender increases the range to 200km on a single charge.
The motorcycle claims to make 28Nm of torque from its electric motors while having 517Nm of torque at the wheel. The electric motorcycle is semi-geared, with a four-speed gearbox.
The Surge is claimed to have a 0 - 60km/h time less than four seconds, with a top speed of 120km/h. eMotion also states that their electric motorcycle will come with different customisable ride modes. The motorcycle is also expected to have a utility space, enough to fit a helmet.
Other features of the eMotion Surge Motorcycle: seven-inch backlit display, smartphone connectivity, GPS navigation, vehicle tracking, Anti-theft, GEO fencing, cloud connectivity with air updates and automatic SOS. The motorcycle also comes with reverse function.
The rendering shown by eMotion Motors of their new motorcycle looks really promising. However, it is still not confirmed if the motorcycle will go into production or not.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 And 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The eMotion Surge Electric Motorcycle
There is a constant rise in the number of start-ups in the electric two-wheeler space in India. With India moving towards electric vehicles in the future, many start-ups are taking up the opportunity to produce vehicles in the EV segment.