- 3 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 4 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 4 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 6 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Indian cricket team wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the ‘Flying Sikh’
- Movies Kunal Kemmu On Daughter Inaaya Naumi's Bond With Taimur: They Are A Riot When They Are Together
- News Ahead of monsoon, Karnataka government to shift people from flood-prone villages to safer places
- Finance Markets To Remain Volatile Next Week, Global Markets Remain Key
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
- Education Summer Solstice 2021: Know Why June 21 Is The Longest Day Of The Year
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Shows How To Ace Warm And Dewy Makeup Look But Her Cute Half Updo Hairstyle Will Win You Over!
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
A Coimbatore-based company called eMotion Motors have recently unveiled their new electric motorcycle, the eMotion Surge. The renderings of the new Surge motorcycle was unveiled on their website.
The new electric motorcycle features a stylish design and a streetfighter stance. The front of the motorcycle features a sharp looking headlamp unit, with a small flyscreen on top of it.
The eMotion surge has been developed over a period of seven years, undergoing almost 30,000km of testing. The Surge claims a maximum range of 100km on a single charge.
The electric motorcycle uses a 40Ah lithium-ion battery, which is charged in 30 minutes using the company's express charging. eMotion also provides an extended battery pack. This extender increases the range to 200km on a single charge.
The motorcycle claims to make 28Nm of torque from its electric motors while having 517Nm of torque at the wheel. The electric motorcycle is semi-geared, with a four-speed gearbox.
The Surge is claimed to have a 0 - 60km/h time less than four seconds, with a top speed of 120km/h. eMotion also states that their electric motorcycle will come with different customisable ride modes. The motorcycle is also expected to have a utility space, enough to fit a helmet.
Other features of the eMotion Surge Motorcycle: seven-inch backlit display, smartphone connectivity, GPS navigation, vehicle tracking, Anti-theft, GEO fencing, cloud connectivity with air updates and automatic SOS. The motorcycle also comes with reverse function.
The rendering shown by eMotion Motors of their new motorcycle looks really promising. However, it is still not confirmed if the motorcycle will go into production or not.
Also Read: Ather Energy 340 And 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India
Thoughts On The eMotion Surge Electric Motorcycle
There is a constant rise in the number of start-ups in the electric two-wheeler space in India. With India moving towards electric vehicles in the future, many start-ups are taking up the opportunity to produce vehicles in the EV segment.