- 8 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 10 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 12 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 1 day ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Sports Varun Chakravarthy: Story of former architect who built Kolkata Knight Riders win with mystery spin
- Movies Who Is Suchitra? Here’s All You Need To Know About The Bigg Boss Tamil 4 Wild Card Contestant!
- News Bihar Election 2020: Nitish attacks RJD, refrains from talking about Paswan
- Lifestyle Dussehra 2020: Muhurta, Legends And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance Top 5 Overseas And Private Banks Fetching Returns Up To 7 Per Cent On 1-Year FDs
- Technology Realme 100W Soundbar Review: Powerful And Immersive Audio On Budget
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Emflux One electric superbike from India gets a new version. Emflux Motors, the Bangalore-based startup, launched the Emflux One electric superbike at Auto Expo 2018. The Emflux One is the first indigenous electric superbike of India and comes with advanced features and high performance.
Now, Emflux Motors has updated the Emflux One to make it a better motorcycle. Emflux states that the electric motorcycle has undergone a few design changes and refinements that are aesthetic, ergonomic and functional as well.
With the latest update, the Emflux One electric superbike now looks sleeker and lighter and it is more comfortable to use. The new version of the Emflux One superbike also gets mechanical, electrical and electronics upgrades.
The updated Emflux One electric superbike gets a host of changes that include a modified pillion seat, new swingarm design, redesigned sprocket, newly designed front disc brake, repositioned mudguard, and a revamped belly pan. All these changes will improve the performance of the electric superbike.
Powering the Emflux One is a three-phase AC induction motor with liquid-cooling that draws power from a liquid-cooled, 9.7kWh battery pack with integrated high power Samsung cells. The electric powertrain produces a maximum power output of 80.4bhp and 84Nm of torque. But the production model's power output will be limited to 71bhp and 75Nm of torque.
The electric motor is mated to a single-speed gearbox delivering power to the rear wheel. The Emflux One can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 3 seconds before topping out at 200km/h. The electric superbike delivers a riding range of 200km in the city and the range drops to 150km on the highway with an average speed of 80km/h. The battery pack gets charged up to 85 percent in just 30 minutes.
The standard variant of the Emflux One is equipped with upside down forks and monoshock suspension while the top-spec variant gets Ohlins adjustable suspension. Braking duties are handled by Brembo disc brakes at both the ends. The kerb weight of the motorcycle stands at 169kg.
Thoughts On The Emflux One Electric Superbike
Emflux One is India's first electric superbike and it boasts an impressive range of 200km in urban conditions. The performance of the electric powertrain is commendable and the power output matches a conventional 800cc superbike.
The deliveries of the Emflux One will begin from March 2018 and a total of 499 units will be produced. Out of that 199 units will be sold in India and the remaining 300 units will be exported.