- 35 min ago New Mahindra Thar May Feature AMT Transmission — Launch Early Next Year
- 1 hr ago Mercedes-Benz E-Class Long Wheelbase Launched In India — Prices, Specs, Features & Details
- 3 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF 150 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.70 Lakh
- Movies SECRET MEETING! These Three Young Stars Giving Sleepless Nights To Shahrukh, Salman & Aamir Khan?
- Technology Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- News TBSE Class 12 result 2019 for science stream time and date confirmed
- Sports Is England-Pakistan ODI series an indication of what World Cup 2019 will be like?
- Lifestyle Lung Cancer: Early Signs, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance SBI Jumps Over 7% Post Exit Poll Results: Should You Still Be Buying The Stock?
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
EICMA 2018: Royal Enfield KX concept revealed. Royal Enfield has revealed the KX concept at the EICMA Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy. The Royal Enfield KX concept is a pathbreaking model for the company and Royal Enfield claims it was made just to showcase the skills of their design team.
The journey of the Royal Enfield KX concept from the drawing board to the EICMA Motorcycle Show took just six months, and that is incredible. The Royal Enfield KX concept displayed at EICMA 2018 is based on the Royal Enfield KX that was manufactured in 1937.
The older 1140 KX was at the time described as ‘the ultimate luxury motorcycle' and was powered by a 1,140cc, twin-cylinder engine with side valves. With the new Royal Enfield KX concept, Royal Enfield is targeting those seeking a retro motorcycle loaded with modern technology.
The Royal Enfield KX concept is a low-slung motorcycle with a retro bobber design. At the front end is a circular LED headlamp with daytime running lights as well. Girder forks that were a part of the 1140 KX from 1938 have made a comeback on the Royal Enfield KX concept revealed at EICMA but are now made of aluminum and look rather brilliant.
A sculpted tank and the single hard-tail seat complete the bobber design. The Royal Enfield KX Concept rides on unique and flashy alloy wheels. The front end is braked by twin discs whereas the rear features a single disc.
The single-sided swingarm and the monoshock rear suspension located under the rear seat is probably the most defining aspect of the Royal Enfield KX concept.
Coming to the heart of the matter, the Royal Enfield KX concept is powered by an engine that has been designed developed by Royal Enfield in partnership with Polaris. The highlight of the Royal Enfield KX concept revealed at EICMA 2018 is its oil-cooled, 836cc, V-twin engine.
It is the first V-twin engine produced by Royal Enfield since 1937 and the first twin-cylinder engine since 1959. The Royal Enfield KX concept's power and torque output has not been revealed.
However, rumour of the mill is that it will produce around 90bhp, which is very respectable for an engine of this size and of this nature. A 6-speed gearbox transmits power to the rear wheel.
The Royal Enfield KX concept revealed at EICMA 2018 boasts of a few luxury materials like bronze and leather. The KX concept is a result of a collaboration between Royal Enfield's team in India and the Royal Enfield Technical Center in England.
Those interested to buy the Royal Enfield KX concept though would be disheartened to know that the model would only remain as a concept as claimed by Royal Enfield.
However, we fail to believe so because earlier this year, Royal Enfield revealed that four platforms codenamed J, P, Q and K were being developed. The ‘J' platform would underpin the next-gen range of 350 and 500cc motorcycles.
The new 650 twins are based on the ‘P' platform and the ‘Q' and ‘K' platforms would underpin bikes above 700cc. The Royal Enfield KX concept at EICMA 2018 therefore gives us a glimpse of things to come from Royal Enfield.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield KX Concept Unveiled at EICMA 2018
The unveiling of the Royal Enfield KX concept at EICMA 2018 has come as a rather pleasant surprise to all. While the world had their eyes glued to the upcoming 650cc twins from the Royal Enfield, they had their design and engineering team quietly developing the KX concept for EICMA 2018.
Well, the world is surprised and the millions of Royal Enfield fans in India are almost in love with the Royal Enfield KX concept. This is only a small insight into the future plans of Royal Enfield.