- 19 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 21 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 22 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Technology How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- News With fresh avalanches, bodies of mountaineers may have sunk deeper
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor FEELS LIKE THIS About Playing A Cop In Prabhas Starrer 'Saaho'!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
EICMA 2018: Aprilia has unveiled their new RS 660 concept at EICMA Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy. The new Aprilia RS 660 concept will be the base of a new 600cc-segment motorcycle, the company plans to introduce in the not-too-distant future.
Alongside the new Aprilia RS 660 concept, the Italian motorcycle brand has also unveiled their new range-topping RSV4 1100 Factory. The design of the new Aprilia RS 660 concept is not too extreme, but focusses a lot on aerodynamics.
As per Aprilia themselves, the production-version of the Aprilia RS 660 concept will be fun to ride, but not that demanding. It has got a "sophisticated" styling which came as a result of a lot of aerodynamics studies.
The wide saddle and the perfectly-positioned split-handlebars offer a "welcoming" riding experience. For the same reason, the Aprilia RS 660 will be somewhat of a sports-tourer when it hits the global markets, with more attention given towards performance.
The aluminium swingarm and frame use the engine as the stress element. This not only increases the Aprilia RS 660 concept's rigidity, but also improves the ride and handling. Weight reductions have been achieved too, with this construction.
The new Aprilia RS 660 concept is powered by a 660cc parallel-twin engine, derived from the 1100cc unit found on the Tuono V4 and RSV4. As per speculations, the RS 660 will make close to 100bhp and 90Nm of torque.
Aprilia stated that the new engine has been tuned to give a similar riding experience as of the bigger motorcycles, but in a more controlled and usable manner. The looks of the Aprilia RS 660 concept are similar to an actual production motorcycle.
Thoughts On The New Aprilia RS 660 Concept Unveiled At EICMA 2018
Aprilia is just one of the many manufacturers who have showcased some new and interesting products at the on-going EICMA Motorcycle Show. From the looks of the concept, the upcoming Aprilia RS 660 seems to be a promising 600cc motorcycle. Once launched, it will rival the likes of the Yamaha R6, Honda CBR 650R and Kawasaki Ninja 650.