- 1 hr ago Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- 3 hrs ago Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- 5 hrs ago Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019: Renault Triber Enters Top-5 While Maruti Ertiga Leads
- 17 hrs ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Sports Bhaichung Bhutia shuts down former I-League club United Sikkim FC
- News Ideology of promoting Hindi, Hinduism dangerous: Shashi Tharoor
- Movies Sye Raa Pre-release Event: Live Updates
- Technology 5 Useful Apps To Switch From iPhone To Android
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Ducati India has launched its flagship adventure tourer, the Multistrada 1260. The motorcycle comes in two variants: standard 1260 and the 1260 S. The two variants are offered with an introductory price of Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 18.06 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new Ducati Multistrada 1260 comes with a host of updates and additional features. The new adventure tourer offering from Ducati receives a new engine, new chassis, longer swingarm and updated electronics.
The Multistrada 1260 will replace the older 1200 range in India. Ducati will also launch the other variants of the Multistrada range at a later stage. These variants include the D-Air and the Pikes Peak.
Sergio Canovas, MD, Ducati India, stated, "Eight years of Multistrada innovation has led to the production of this masterpiece, directed to expand every adventure enthusiast's comfort zone with its versatility."
He further added, "The new Multistrada 1260 range is a consummate sport-touring adventure bike, designed for those who hope to ride greater distances and enjoy a good rev around twisty roads."
"The Multistrada 1260 and 1260 S is a testament to our commitment to bring the best of Italian design, engineering and performance to Indian roads."
The new Ducati Multistrada 1260 now comes with a more powerful engine. This is the new 1,262cc, L-twin, DVT Testastretta engine. It produces 158bhp and 129.5Nm of peak torque.
This new engine is said to produce better low and mid-range torque. Ducati stated that 85 percent of its torque comes under 3,500rpm.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 and the 1260 S come with a host of electronic features.
Some of the electronic features on the Ducati Multistrada 1260: Vehicle Hold Control, Cornering ABS, Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Cruise Control and Backlit Handlebar Switches.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 S variant additionally features a full-colour TFT instrument panel, quickshifter and cornering headlights.
Both variants of the Multistrada range offer four riding modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro. The Sport and the Touring mode both offer the full 158bhp from the engine, However, in the Touring mode, the motorcycle offers a gentle throttle response.
While the Urban and Enduro mode is limited to 100bhp. In the Urban mode, the traction control is set up to its maximum. However, the Enduro mode provides the option of pre-determining the settings for the traction and wheelie control as well as for ABS.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 S uses electronically adjustable inverted front forks and a fully adjustable semi-active Ducati Skyhook suspension system at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is handled by dual 330mm and a single 265mm discs at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts On The Ducati Multistrada 1260 In India
Bookings for the new Ducati Multistrada is now open. With deliveries scheduled to begin by the end of June 2018. The Ducati Multistrada 1260 in India takes on rivals such as the triumph Tiger 1200 XCx and the BMW R 1200 GS.