- 16 min ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Review (First Drive): The Gold Standard For A Sporty Premium Hatchbacks?
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 19 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- News From Lady Gaga to Garth, Miranda to Moreno: List of celebrities joining Biden's star-studded inauguration
- Finance PM Jan Dhan Account Holders Cross 41 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Neha Dhupia Keeps It Bold And Beautiful In Her Stunning Red Maxi Dress
- Technology Realme X9 Teased By Company Executive; Could Be Rebranded V15 5G
- Movies Did Pahlaj Nihalani Just Confirm That Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Are Getting Married This Weekend?
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Ducati India has launched its flagship adventure tourer, the Multistrada 1260. The motorcycle comes in two variants: standard 1260 and the 1260 S. The two variants are offered with an introductory price of Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 18.06 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new Ducati Multistrada 1260 comes with a host of updates and additional features. The new adventure tourer offering from Ducati receives a new engine, new chassis, longer swingarm and updated electronics.
The Multistrada 1260 will replace the older 1200 range in India. Ducati will also launch the other variants of the Multistrada range at a later stage. These variants include the D-Air and the Pikes Peak.
Sergio Canovas, MD, Ducati India, stated, "Eight years of Multistrada innovation has led to the production of this masterpiece, directed to expand every adventure enthusiast's comfort zone with its versatility."
He further added, "The new Multistrada 1260 range is a consummate sport-touring adventure bike, designed for those who hope to ride greater distances and enjoy a good rev around twisty roads."
"The Multistrada 1260 and 1260 S is a testament to our commitment to bring the best of Italian design, engineering and performance to Indian roads."
The new Ducati Multistrada 1260 now comes with a more powerful engine. This is the new 1,262cc, L-twin, DVT Testastretta engine. It produces 158bhp and 129.5Nm of peak torque.
This new engine is said to produce better low and mid-range torque. Ducati stated that 85 percent of its torque comes under 3,500rpm.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 and the 1260 S come with a host of electronic features.
Some of the electronic features on the Ducati Multistrada 1260: Vehicle Hold Control, Cornering ABS, Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, Cruise Control and Backlit Handlebar Switches.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 S variant additionally features a full-colour TFT instrument panel, quickshifter and cornering headlights.
Both variants of the Multistrada range offer four riding modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro. The Sport and the Touring mode both offer the full 158bhp from the engine, However, in the Touring mode, the motorcycle offers a gentle throttle response.
While the Urban and Enduro mode is limited to 100bhp. In the Urban mode, the traction control is set up to its maximum. However, the Enduro mode provides the option of pre-determining the settings for the traction and wheelie control as well as for ABS.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 S uses electronically adjustable inverted front forks and a fully adjustable semi-active Ducati Skyhook suspension system at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is handled by dual 330mm and a single 265mm discs at the front and rear, respectively.
Thoughts On The Ducati Multistrada 1260 In India
Bookings for the new Ducati Multistrada is now open. With deliveries scheduled to begin by the end of June 2018. The Ducati Multistrada 1260 in India takes on rivals such as the triumph Tiger 1200 XCx and the BMW R 1200 GS.