- 22 min ago Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Concept Showcased At Indonesia — All Specs And Details
- 1 hr ago BS-VI Compliant Tata Harrier Spied Testing — A Bunch Of Other Updates Expected As Well
- 1 hr ago No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- 2 hrs ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- News "Please cooperate", says Sonbhadra DM; Explains why Sec 144 has been imposed
- Finance No Salary Hike For Country's Richest Person For 11th Year In A Row
- Technology Top LG Smartphones To Buy In India In 2019
- Movies The Lion King Box Office Day 1 Collection
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Ducati Monster 821 2018 launched in India: Ducati has launched the new 2018 Monster 821 in India at Rs 9.51 lakh ex-showroom. The new Monster 821 replaces the discontinued 2016 model which wasn't BS-IV compliant.
The Ducati Monster is one of most iconic naked motorcycles in the world. The new Monster 821 brings in a lot of improvements over the previous model; changes being aesthetic and technical.
The new Monster 821 is powered by an 821cc Desmodromic Testastretta L-Twin engine that makes 108bhp at 9250rpm and 86Nm of torque at 7750rpm.The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. But the main highlight of the engine is its compliance with BS-IV emission norms.
Upon first glance, the 2018 Ducati Monster 821 looks similar to the previous model. But there are some subtle changes such as the headlamp borrowed from the bigger Monster 1200, redesigned fuel tank and the iconic bright yellow colour from the original 1993 M900 model.
At the rear, the new Monster 821 gets a slimmer tail-section and a new double-barrel exhaust.
The naked-sports Ducati has three riding modes: Urban, Sport and Touring. Each mode adjusts the fuelling and TCS-interference to provide three different riding experiences. The motorcycle also gets the brand's quick-shifter, dubbed as, Ducati Quick Shift (DQS).
The TFT instrument console includes more functions and features many UI improvements than before.
On the safety front, the new Monster 821 gets the brand's Ducati Safety Pack, which includes a three-level Bosch ABS and an eight-level Traction Control System.
The new Monster 821 rivals the Suzuki GSX-S750, Triumph Street Triple S and the Yamaha MT-09. Although the current pricing of the Monster 821 is introductory, it is still higher than its rivals.
The 2018 Monster 821 is available in three colours: Red, Yellow and Black.
Thoughts On The New 2018 Ducati Monster 821
The new Ducati Monster 821 fills the gap between the 797 and the top-of-the-line 1200. The Ducati Monster series has a loyal fan base around the globe; India no exception. The new model is a good choice for those who wantmore than the entry-level Monster 821 but cannot afford the Monster 1200. However, at Rs 9.51 lakh ex-showroom, the pricing of the new Monster 821 is still on the higher side, compared to the competition.