TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The stage 12 of the 2018 Dakar Rally, Fiambala - San Juan was cancelled for bikes and quads due to weather concerns. The 12th stage was supposed to be the second part of the marathon stage, where the riders are deprived of any assistance from the team.
The adverse weather conditions had put a question mark over the smooth running of the stage from the beginning, and the organisers had also decided to alter the route. But finally, the organising team led by Race Director, Marc Coma decided to cancel the stages on the safety grounds.
This is the second time that a stage has been cancelled in the 2018 Dakar Rally, after stage 9, Tupiza - Salta was cancelled due to bad weather. Due to the cancellation of the 12th stage, the riders will depart to San Juan for the 13th stage. Cars and trucks continued with their usual route as the stages were different from that of bikes and quads.
In the cars category, Toyota drive Nasser Al-Attiyah was back to form with the stage win as he was the fastest driver in the 523km stage. Peugeot driver Carlos Sainz holds a commanding rally lead of over 40 minutes ahead of his teammate Stephane Peterhansel. Stage winner Nasser Al-Attiya is placed in the third position in the overall standings.
In the trucks class, the stage 12 victory went to Ton van Genugten. The overall rally lead was snatched by Russian driver Eduard Nikolaev passing local hero Federico Villagra. The battle is on for the victory as the duo is separated by just one second. Despite inheriting a 15 minute penalty, Villagra made up for the lost time in the stage.
Dakar 2018 Stage 12 Results
Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) Toyota
Stephane Peterhansel (FRA) Peugeot
Giniel De Villiers (ZAF) Toyota
Ton Van Genugten (NLD) Iveco
Martin Kolomy (CZE) Tatra
Eduard Nikolaev (RUS) Kamaz
Stage 12 was hit by bad weather conditions as the organisers decided it was dangerous for the motorcycle and quad riders. But the cars and trucks with a different route continued as usual. The stage 13 will see the riders heading towards Cordoba with a timed section of 424km.