TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 LIVE — 'Surgical Strike' On Poverty, Assures Rahul Gandhi
- IPL: Match 5: DC Vs CSK — Live Updates
- What Is Rahul Gandhi's NYAY Scheme For The Poor?
- India's Chandrayaan 2 To Carry NASA's Laser Instrument To Moon
- INRacing — India’s First Homogeneous Racing Simulator; A Must-Try For Motorsport Fanatics!
- Badrinath- An Ode To Pilgrimages And Spectacular Natural Splendour
- PeeCee Lets Her Hair Down With Nick In Miami!
- What Is West Nile Fever?
The stage 11 of the 2018 Dakar Rally, Belen-Fiambala was a 485km test with a timed section of 280km. It was also the first leg of marathon stage for the bikes with a transport section of 205km. The riders ended the stage 11 without any assistance from the team and will start on their own for the 12th stage.
Hero MotoSports Team Rally rider CS Santosh played it steady in the 11th stage to make up for the lost time as the rally is nearing its climax. The Indian rider finished the stage in 33rd position. With the consistent pace, he is placed in 35th place in the overall standings.
Santosh's teammate Oriol Mena continued with his great form and finished the 11th stage in an impressive 9th position. This performance has allowed him to break into the top ten position in the overall leaderboard as he is placed in the tenth spot.
Sherco TVS rider Juan Pedrero Garcia too had a very good stage and he was back to his rhythm. The Spanish rider pushed hard and finished the stage in the eighth position. He is placed in 14th place in the general rankings and will try to improve his position with only three stages remaining.
In the motorcycle category, Australian rider Toby Price was the fastest man in the 11th stage as he registered his first stage win of 2018 Dakar Rally. Rally leader Matthias Walkner took it easy on the 11th stage, and the lead stands at just over 30 minutes. Honda rider Kevin Benavides and stage winner Price rounded off the top three riders after stage 11.
In the quads class, rookie rider Nicolas Cavigliasso recorded his third stage victory in 2018 Dakar Rally. Ignacio Casale held the overall rally lead and finished the 11th stage behind Cavigliasso who is in the second position in the overall standings.
In the cars category, the stage 11 victory went to Toyota driver Bernhard ten Brinke. Carlos Sainz maintained his overall rally lead ahead of his teammate Stephane Peterhansel. Qatari driver Nasser Al-Attiyah is placed in the third position in the general standings. With just three stages remaining Al-Attiyah will try and push for the second place finish.
In the trucks class, Maz driver Siarhei Viazovich topped the timesheets in the 11th stage of the rally. Local hero and WRC ace driver Federico Villagra took the overall rally lead ahead of Russian driver Eduard Nikolaev. Stage winner Viazovich is in the third spot on the overall leaderboard.
2018 Dakar Stage 11 Results
- Toby Price (AUS) KTM
- Kevin Benavides (ARG) Honda
- Antoine Meo (FRA) KTM
- Nicolas Cavigliasso (ARG) Yamaha
- Ignacio Casale (CHL) Yamaha
- Dmitriy Shilov (KAZ) Yamaha
- Bernhard Ten Brinke (NLD) Toyota
- Cyril Despres (FRA) Peugeot
- Carlos Sainz (ESP) Peugeot
- Siarhei Viazovich (BLR) Maz
- Federico Villagra (ARG) Iveco
- Dmitry Sotnikov (RUS) Kamaz
The stage 11 of the 2018 Dakar Rally was the first leg of marathon stage for bikes. The 12th stage of the rally will take the competitors to San Juan with a competitive distance of 375km. With only three stages remaining, the competitors will move into sixth gear in a bid to improve the overall standings.