TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Hero MotoSports Team Rally rider CS Santosh has crashed out of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm rally. The ace Indian rally rider met with an accident and injured himself on the third stage of the rally.
Following Santosh's injury, as a precautionary measure, Hero MotoSports Team Rally has decided to pull out of the rally. The team has taken this decision keeping rider safety as the top priority. Santosh was the sole rider from Hero participating in the rally.
Santosh was leading the 2018 Desert Storm after the end of stage 2. But unfortunately, he met with a crash during the third stage of the rally, which left him with a neck injury.
The on-ground team of doctors have stated that there are no signs of any major injury. However, Santosh has to go through detailed checkup. He will be moved to Bangalore for further scans and treatment.
In stage 3 of the 2018 Desert Storm, Santosh was is a good rhythm and was building up a healthy lead of ten minutes over his closest rival. Despite the injury, Santosh managed to bring the bike to the stage finish fighting through the pain.
Santosh said, "I was doing really well today prior to the crash. There was a lot of dust around and the visibility was not good. I could not spot a sand bank that suddenly appeared and I crashed quite hard. There is a sharp pain in my neck and movement is very restricted."
DriveSpark's Thoughts On Santosh's Crash
The Desert Storm Rally is one of the toughest rally in India with harsh terrain and weather conditions. Santosh crashed due to extensive dust on the stage as he could not spot a sandbank lying ahead. He was on course for a good result and it is unfortunate to end the rally like this. We wish Santosh a speedy recovery.