TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
BMW Motorrad has launched the HP4 Race in India. The non-road legal motorcycle is priced at Rs 85 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The track-focussed motorcycle from BMW Motorrad, made its global debut last year. The BMW HP4 Race is a limited edition motorcycle with only 750 units available globally.
The BMW HP4 Race is the first motorcycle in the world to receive a carbon-fibre mainframe, weighing just 7.8kg. The HP4 Race also gets both front and rear wheels in carbon-fibre. This helps reduce 30 percent of the weight, compared to standard light alloy-forged wheels.
The BMW HP4 Race has an overall weight of just 171kg. This translates to a 37kg weight reduction, compared to the standard motorcycle.
The BMW HP4 Race is powered by a 999cc, in-line four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, race-spec engine. It produces 215bhp at 13,900rpm and 120Nm of torque at 10,000rpm. The engine is further mated to a six-speed racing transmission with straight-cut gears.
The suspension on the track-focused, HP4 Race is handled by Ohlins FGR 300 upside-down front forks and Ohlins TTX 36 GP monoshock at the rear. Braking on the BMW HP4 Race is taken care by Brembo's 320x6.75mm (6.75mm is the thickness of the discs) dual-floating discs at the front, while the rear comes with a single 220x4.0mm disc. The BMW HP4 Race rides on 17-inch Pirelli Diabolo Superbike Slick SC2 tyres, which come as standard.
The BMW HP4 Race comes with a list of features and equipment. Some of the equipment on the HP4 Race include carbon-fibre fairing, complete titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Aluminium WSBK swingarm, Dynamic traction control, EBR which allows the rider to control the amount of engine braking, wheelie control, pit lane limiter, anti-hopping clutch and launch control.
Thoughts On The BMW HP4 Race In India
The BMW HP4 Race is available in only a single paint scheme option. At Rs 85 lakh, the HP4 Race can be compared to the Ducati Panigale 1299 Superleggera which is priced at Rs 1.12 crore. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). However, the 1299 Panigale Superleggera is road-legal, while the HP4 Race is not.