TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Auto Expo 2018: BMW G 310 R showcased. BMW Motorrad has showcased the G 310 R naked street fighter at the 2018 Auto Expo. The G 310 R is the entry-level naked motorcycle from the stable of German automaker, and it is currently being manufactured in India. BMW Motorrad already exports the G 310 R to several global markets.
The BMW G 310 R draws power from a 313cc single-cylinder, fuel injected, liquid-cooled, reverse inclined engine producing 34bhp and 28Nm of torque. The engine comes coupled to a 6-speed gearbox. The same engine is also deployed in the recently launched TVS Apache RR 310.
The BMW G 310 R is being manufactured in India in collaboration with TVS Motor Company, and the G 310 GS is the second model to be produced in the country. The G 310 R will be the most affordable motorcycle from BMW Motorrad in the Indian market. Both the G 310 R and the G 310 GS are based on the same platform.
The BMW G 310 R features premium cycle parts such as chunky upside down front forks and monoshock suspension at the rear. Other features include fully-digital instrument cluster, muscular fuel tank with aggressive shrouds, sporty side panels which also doubles up as the radiator cover.
The tail section of the BMW G 310 R is sleek and features a chunky rear tyre which aids in superior handling. The upswept exhaust of the naked motorcycle renders it a big bike feel. The India-spec model displayed at the Auto Expo 2018 also gets a top box which is expected to be an additional accessory.
The BMW G 310 R is equipped with disc brakes on both the ends and ABS will be offered as a standard feature. The G 310 R was supposed to be launched in India in 2017, but the German automaker postponed the launch due to the dealership and service network in the country. Now, BMW Motorrad will launch the naked street fighter in the second half of 2018.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The BMW G 310 R
The BMW G 310 R is the entry-level naked motorcycle from the stable of BMW Motorrad. The motorcycle features top-notch build quality as per BMW standards. The G 310 R will be launched in the Indian market by the second half of 2018. Once launched, the G 310 R will go head-on against the likes of KTM Duke 390, Benelli TNT 300, Kawasaki Z250 and Dominar 400.