TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
BMW Motorrad is all set to showcase its G 310 twins: G 310 R and G 310 GS at the Auto Expo 2018, to be held in February in Delhi. BMW is expected launch both the bikes later this year. Both the motorcycles are based on the same chassis, but in different body styles, while the G 310 R is a naked sports bike, the G 310 GS is an entry-level adventure tourer.
The BMW G 310 R was previously displayed at the 2016 Auto Expo and is one of the most awaited launches in the two-wheeler industry. BMW Motorrad and TVS Motor Company have formed an alliance to manufacture bikes at the latter's production facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. Both the bikes are being built currently for international markets, and its about time these are available in India.
Both the bikes share a lot of underpinnings including the engine, suspension, chassis, alloy wheels, brakes and exhaust. Talking about the engine specifications of the BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS, the bikes employ a single-cylinder, 312cc, fuel-injected, liquid cooled reverse inclined engine which produces 34bhp and 28Nm of torque. This unit comes married to a 6-speed gearbox.
The BMW G 310 R is the first product from the alliance of TVS and BMW, while the G 310 GS is the second bike from the venture. The G 310 R will rival the likes of KTM Duke 390, Kawasaki Z250 and other bikes under Rs 2 lakh price range, while the G 310 GS will compete with the likes of Royal Enfield Himalayan, Mahindra Mojo, Kawasaki X300 Versys as well as the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.
Prices of the BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS are expected to be in the range of Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 2.8 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively. While BMW Motorrad will showcase these two bikes, the company will launch the F750 GS and F850 GS at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Thoughts About The BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS At Auto Expo 2018
BMW Motorrad has been busy setting up its dealerships across India, and this is the main reason behind the delay in the launch of the G 310 R and the G 310 GS despite being manufactured in India for other global markets. With the G 310 twins all set to be unveiled in India for the first time, the Auto Expo 2018 is an excellent platform to introduce the bikes to India.