TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
BMW Motorrad is set to launch the G 310R and the G 310GS models in India in July 2018. According to Team-BHP, the two 310cc motorcycles will be part of the company's 'Smart cc Bikes'. Both the new offerings will be sold through BMW Motorrad's existing dealer networks in India.
The BMW Motorrad dealerships will appoint dedicated sales representatives to handle the new ‘Smart cc bikes' segment. The sales and service training sessions are expected to begin from the end of June.
The two new offerings from BMW Motorrad are the smallest displacement motorcycles from the company. Both the G 310 R and the G 310 GS will be manufactured at the TVS plant in Hosur, near Bangalore.
Also, both bikes will come with the same power unit. This is the 313cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine as seen on the TVS Apache RR310. The engine produces 34bhp and 28Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed transmission.
The BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS are the most anticipated motorcycles in the Indian market. Both of them were showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The BMW G 310 R is a naked street fighter, while the BMW G 310 GS is an Adventure motorcycle.
The two motorcycles are expected to share its components with the Apache RR310 from TVS. Components include upside down forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Disc brakes at both ends, with dual-channel ABS as standard.
The BMW G 310 GS though is expected to get a long travel suspension, with a softer setup for off-roading.
Also Read: BMW G 310 GS Spotted In India For The First Time
Thoughts On The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS India Launch
Both the BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS are highly anticipated in the Indian market. The motorcycles are expected to be priced competitively at around the Rs 3 to 3.5 lakh range.