TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
BMW Motorrad is set to launch the G 310R and the G 310GS models in India in July 2018. According to Team-BHP, the two 310cc motorcycles will be part of the company's 'Smart cc Bikes'. Both the new offerings will be sold through BMW Motorrad's existing dealer networks in India.
The BMW Motorrad dealerships will appoint dedicated sales representatives to handle the new ‘Smart cc bikes' segment. The sales and service training sessions are expected to begin from the end of June.
The two new offerings from BMW Motorrad are the smallest displacement motorcycles from the company. Both the G 310 R and the G 310 GS will be manufactured at the TVS plant in Hosur, near Bangalore.
Also, both bikes will come with the same power unit. This is the 313cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine as seen on the TVS Apache RR310. The engine produces 34bhp and 28Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed transmission.
The BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS are the most anticipated motorcycles in the Indian market. Both of them were showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The BMW G 310 R is a naked street fighter, while the BMW G 310 GS is an Adventure motorcycle.
The two motorcycles are expected to share its components with the Apache RR310 from TVS. Components include upside down forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Disc brakes at both ends, with dual-channel ABS as standard.
The BMW G 310 GS though is expected to get a long travel suspension, with a softer setup for off-roading.
Also Read: BMW G 310 GS Spotted In India For The First Time
Thoughts On The BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS India Launch
Both the BMW G 310 R and the G 310 GS are highly anticipated in the Indian market. The motorcycles are expected to be priced competitively at around the Rs 3 to 3.5 lakh range.