TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Auto Expo 2018: BMW G 310 GS showcased. The BMW G310 GS is the adventure tourer variant of BMW Motorrad's smallest motorcycle the G 310 R which was also showcased at Auto Expo 2018 and like its sibling is produced at the TVS production facility in Hosur.
The new BMW G 310 GS will be launched in India in the second half of 2018 and prices are expected to start at around Rs 2.8 lakh.
BMW G 310 GS Specifications
Powering the BMW G 310 GS is a 313cc single-cylinder engine that redlines at 10,500rpm. The single cylinder engine produces 33.5bhp @ 9,000rpm and 28Nm of torque @ 7,500rpm and sends power to the rear wheel via a six-speed gearbox.
The BMW G 310 GS weighs in at 169.5kg and its fuel tank can hold 11-litres of petrol along with another litre in reserve.
The new BMW G 310 GS measures in at 2,075mm long, 880mm wide and 1,230mm tall. The new BMW G 310 GS wheelbase is 1,420mm long while the seat height is 835mm. The G 310 GS weighs in at 169.5kg (kerb weight).
The new BMW G 310 GS gets 41mm upside down forks up front and monoshock at the rear. Both the front and rear suspension have a travel of 140mm. BMW has fitted the G 310 GS with a 330mm disc brake up front along with a 240mm disc at the rear to bring it to a halt quickly. Braking on the BMW G 310 GS is helped along by ABS.
The BMW G 310 GS gets a 19-inch alloy wheel up front which is shod with a 110/80 R19 tyre. The rear wheel is smaller at 17-inches and comes draped in a 150/70 R17 tyre.
DriveSpark Thoughts On The New BMW G 310 GS For India
The BMW G 310 GS is the entry level for those wishing to own an adventure tourer from BMW Motorrad and it offers a host of features for those who don't mind going off the beaten path from time to time. With BMW Motorrad set to launch the BMW G 310 GS in India in the second half of the year, India's off-roading enthusiasts on two wheels may finally have an affordable BMW for the job.