TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Two engineering students from Gulbarga district in Northern Karnataka have made headlines after they invented a bluetooth-enabled navigating helmet. The helmet which is equipped with bluetooth speakers can be linked to the phone and directions from google maps can be directly heard on the speakers while the rider concentrates on riding.
Yogesh and Abhijeet, fourth semester engineering students of PDA college in Kalaburagi are the ones behind the invention. The duo have taken what seems to be a normal half-faced helmet and outfitted it with bluetooth speakers.
This invention might not be unique, as there are several bluetooth-enabled helmets already on sale in the market, and there are bluetooth kits as well. However, the other bluetooth helmets and kits on sale are way too expensive. This particular helmet? Well, according to TOI the students have said it costs Rs 1,500.
Providing a bluetooth-enabled helmet at Rs 1,500 is indeed a big deal, because most norma helmets cost more than that. However, is it a safe to wear it and ride, especially given that it is an open-faced helmet? That is the question that needs to be answered.