TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Two engineering students from Gulbarga district in Northern Karnataka have made headlines after they invented a bluetooth-enabled navigating helmet. The helmet which is equipped with bluetooth speakers can be linked to the phone and directions from google maps can be directly heard on the speakers while the rider concentrates on riding.
Yogesh and Abhijeet, fourth semester engineering students of PDA college in Kalaburagi are the ones behind the invention. The duo have taken what seems to be a normal half-faced helmet and outfitted it with bluetooth speakers.
This invention might not be unique, as there are several bluetooth-enabled helmets already on sale in the market, and there are bluetooth kits as well. However, the other bluetooth helmets and kits on sale are way too expensive. This particular helmet? Well, according to TOI the students have said it costs Rs 1,500.
Providing a bluetooth-enabled helmet at Rs 1,500 is indeed a big deal, because most norma helmets cost more than that. However, is it a safe to wear it and ride, especially given that it is an open-faced helmet? That is the question that needs to be answered.