- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Amid political drama, Roshan Baig detained in IMA money laundering case
- Movies Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: 5 Times The Diva Won Our Hearts With Her Take On Love & Relationships!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Two engineering students from Gulbarga district in Northern Karnataka have made headlines after they invented a bluetooth-enabled navigating helmet. The helmet which is equipped with bluetooth speakers can be linked to the phone and directions from google maps can be directly heard on the speakers while the rider concentrates on riding.
Yogesh and Abhijeet, fourth semester engineering students of PDA college in Kalaburagi are the ones behind the invention. The duo have taken what seems to be a normal half-faced helmet and outfitted it with bluetooth speakers.
This invention might not be unique, as there are several bluetooth-enabled helmets already on sale in the market, and there are bluetooth kits as well. However, the other bluetooth helmets and kits on sale are way too expensive. This particular helmet? Well, according to TOI the students have said it costs Rs 1,500.
Providing a bluetooth-enabled helmet at Rs 1,500 is indeed a big deal, because most norma helmets cost more than that. However, is it a safe to wear it and ride, especially given that it is an open-faced helmet? That is the question that needs to be answered.