TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Benelli India has confirmed the launch date of their upcoming Adventure-tourer offerings, the TRK 502 and the 502X (a more off-road oriented variant). The two variants of the motorcycle will be launched in India on the 18th February 2019.
The Benelli TRK 502 was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo, however, the motorcycle didn't make it to the Indian market. This was due to DSK (the previous partner of Benelli in India) running into financial problems.
The TRK 502 is a road-oriented offering while the 502X is the more off-road capable motorcycle. The TRK 502X can be differentiated by the larger 19-inch front and 17-inch rear wheels with wire-spoke rims. The standard variant, on the other hand, rides on 17-inch wheels on either end.
Both motorcycles, the TRK 502 and 502X come powered by a 499.6cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine. It produces 47.6bhp and 45Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed transmission.
The Benelli TRK 502 uses a 320mm twin-disc setup at the front and a single 260mm disc at the rear, supported by ABS. Both motorcycles weigh in at 213kg and feature a 20-litre fuel tank, offering an impressive range.
Benelli recently re-launched the TNT 300, TNT 600 and the 302R in the Indian market, with their new partners, Mahavir group. The TRK 502 will be the first all-new product from the Italian motorcycle brand, since its new venture.
Thoughts On The Benelli TRK 502 India
The Benelli TRK 502 once launched in India is expected to be priced around Rs 5 lakh to Rs 6 lakh range, ex-showroom. This is significantly more affordable than its competitors such as the Kawasaki Versys 650 and the Suzuki V-Strom 650.