- 6 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 8 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 10 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs New Zealand, Warm-up: Batsmen get a shake up as India lose to NZ by 6 wickets
- News Ex-Jet Airways chairman Naresh Goyal, wife restricted from leaving country
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Italian motorcycle manufacturer Benelli made its India debut in October 2014 in partnership with DSK Motowheels. Now, ZigWheels reports that Benelli has parted ways with DSK Motowheels and has partnered with Hyderabad-based Mahavir Group.
The DSK Benelli was a successful brand in the Indian market as it offered high-performance motorcycles at an affordable price. DSK Benelli had a decent sales and service network across the country with 25 dealerships in major cities.
Currently, Benelli offers five motorcycles in the Indian market which includes the TNT 25, TNT 300, 302R, TNT 600 GT and the TNT 600i. Benelli also introduced the TNT 899 and the TNT R in the country. But both the bikes were discontinued in India as they were not compliant with the BS-IV emission norms.
The DSK Benelli joint venture had also planned to launch some new products in the country which included the Leoncino Scrambler and the TRK 502 adventure motorcycle. The TRK 502 is an adventure motorcycle in the middleweight segment and it is one of the most-awaited bikes in the country.
Benelli has parted ways with the DSK Motowheels as the DSK Group has faced a huge setback due to bankruptcy caused by its real estate wing. Now, Benelli has shifted its headquarters to Hyderabad; the home of its new partner Mahavir Group.
The Mahavir Group is a prominent automotive dealer in Hyderabad and also has a DSK Benelli dealership. Apart from that, the Mahavir Group has authorised dealerships of Mercedes-Benz, Skoda, Isuzu and Indian Motorcycles in Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
The existing owners of Benelli motorcycles need not worry as the company will continue providing service and support. Mahavir Group is said to be in the process of setting up the infrastructure for sales and service. The company will also have an assembly plant in and around Hyderabad before the sales of the bikes begin.
Thoughts On The Benelli And DSK Motowheels Split
The DSK Benelli has been a successful venture in the Indian market and it is unfortunate that both the companies are parting ways. But it is good to know that Benelli will continue to provide service for the existing customers. We expect the new joint venture will bring more Benelli products to the Indian market.