TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Italian motorcycle manufacturer Benelli made its India debut in October 2014 in partnership with DSK Motowheels. Now, ZigWheels reports that Benelli has parted ways with DSK Motowheels and has partnered with Hyderabad-based Mahavir Group.
The DSK Benelli was a successful brand in the Indian market as it offered high-performance motorcycles at an affordable price. DSK Benelli had a decent sales and service network across the country with 25 dealerships in major cities.
Currently, Benelli offers five motorcycles in the Indian market which includes the TNT 25, TNT 300, 302R, TNT 600 GT and the TNT 600i. Benelli also introduced the TNT 899 and the TNT R in the country. But both the bikes were discontinued in India as they were not compliant with the BS-IV emission norms.
The DSK Benelli joint venture had also planned to launch some new products in the country which included the Leoncino Scrambler and the TRK 502 adventure motorcycle. The TRK 502 is an adventure motorcycle in the middleweight segment and it is one of the most-awaited bikes in the country.
Benelli has parted ways with the DSK Motowheels as the DSK Group has faced a huge setback due to bankruptcy caused by its real estate wing. Now, Benelli has shifted its headquarters to Hyderabad; the home of its new partner Mahavir Group.
The Mahavir Group is a prominent automotive dealer in Hyderabad and also has a DSK Benelli dealership. Apart from that, the Mahavir Group has authorised dealerships of Mercedes-Benz, Skoda, Isuzu and Indian Motorcycles in Hyderabad and Vijayawada.
The existing owners of Benelli motorcycles need not worry as the company will continue providing service and support. Mahavir Group is said to be in the process of setting up the infrastructure for sales and service. The company will also have an assembly plant in and around Hyderabad before the sales of the bikes begin.
Thoughts On The Benelli And DSK Motowheels Split
The DSK Benelli has been a successful venture in the Indian market and it is unfortunate that both the companies are parting ways. But it is good to know that Benelli will continue to provide service for the existing customers. We expect the new joint venture will bring more Benelli products to the Indian market.