TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Bajaj Auto has discontinued sales of their V12 motorcycle offering. However, the company has said that the discontinuation is only temporary. According to BikeWale, the Bajaj V12 will be back on sale in a few months time.
The sales of the Bajaj V12 has recorded a steady decline since the start of 2018. Bajaj recorded a sales figure of 1737 units in January for the V12. This number further reduced to just zero units in May 2018.
Bajaj dealerships across India, have stopped receiving stocks. The dealerships are also refusing to accept any bookings for the motorcycle, forcing Bajaj to take up the decision.
The Bajaj V12 is positioned between the Discover 125 and the V15. While both the Discover and V15 are receiving a good demand, Bajaj noted that that the V12 sales have been slow.
The Bajaj V12 was launched last year in India. The motorcycle is part of the invincible ‘V Series'. This series is inspired by India's iconic INS Vikrant warship.
The V12 strongly resembles its larger sibling, the V15 in design. However, it comes with fewer chrome inserts and redesigned alloy wheels with tube tyres. The V12 also comes with a basic instrument cluster and drum brakes for both wheels.
The Bajaj V12 is powered by a 124cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine. It produces 10.5bhp and 10.9Nm of torque.
Thoughts On The Bajaj V12 Motorcycle
The discontinuation of the Bajaj V12 is temporary. Bajaj has confirmed that the motorcycle will be back on sale in a few months time.
The discontinuation of the V12 is similar to that of Bajaj's Pulsar 135LS offering. The Pulsar 135LS was discontinued temporarily but was re-introduced later with additional features and design.