- 16 min ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 2 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- 20 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Lifestyle Effects Of Sleep Deprivation On Your Beauty
- News J&K: PSO of Mehbooba Mufti's cousin shot dead
- Finance Reliance Jio Now Has More Subscribers Than Airtel
- Sports Leroy Sane: No contact with Bayern Munich, says Pep Guardiola
- Movies Dhanush-Karthik Subbaraj Movie Officially Announced: Here's The Cast & Crew!
- Technology Vivo S1 India Launch Confirmed Via Official Teaser
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The Bajaj Pulsar has been one of the most popular motorcycle brands in the Indian two-wheeler market. Now, Autocar India reports that Bajaj will introduce the Pulsar 125 in the country. Currently, the Pulsar range is available from 135cc to 220cc.
The reason behind Bajaj launching the Pulsar 125 is the new safety regulations. Yes, from April 1, 2018, all the two-wheelers above 125cc should be equipped with ABS. The existing models should comply with the new regulations from 2019.
In 2019, when the new ABS norms kick in, the existing Pulsar 135 LS will be the motorcycle to affect the most. With the addition of ABS, there will be a considerable amount of hike in the price which will unsettle the position of Pulsar 135 LS in the Indian market.
The Bajaj Pulsar 135 is the most affordable motorcycle in the Pulsar family and the bike might be an expensive affair after the implementation of the ABS norms. So, to avoid this situation, Bajaj is readying the new Pulsar 125 which will be equipped with CBS instead of ABS.
The upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 125 will draw power from the existing 124.6cc 4-valve engine which powered the 2012 Discover 125 ST/T. The twin-spark engine produces 13bhp and 10.8Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The performance is decent as compared to the 13.5bhp and 11.4Nm of torque of the Pulsar 135LS.
Bajaj is expected to stick to the LS suffix with the Pulsar 125 as it will be a light and sporty motorcycle. Bajaj will also target the export markets as the premium 125cc segment never took off in the country. The Bajaj Pulsar 125 is expected to be launched by April 2019 or mid-2019.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Pulsar 125
The Bajaj Pulsar 125 will be a premium entry-level performance motorcycle in the Pulsar family with premium features. We expect the Pulsar 125 to feature disc brake at the front, digital instrument cluster, signature backlit switches and sharp and edgy design. The Bajaj Pulsar 125 will rival the likes of Honda CB Shine SP and Hero Glamour 125.