- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 18 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 20 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 22 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports La Liga wrap: Barcelona go top as Real Madrid lose to Mallorca
- News Army launches attacks on terrorist camps inside PoK, causes heavy damage to Pak side
- Movies Vogue Women Of The Year 2019 Winner List: Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt & Anushka Sharma Win Big
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Technology How To Record Windows 10 Screen Without Any Software
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Bajaj Auto is planning to bring back the iconic Chetak geared scooters which were sold between 1972 and 2006. The company stopped its production after the 'outbreak' CVT or automatic two-wheelers, but they have decided to reintroduce them in a bid to create a market of their own.
GaadiWaadi previously reported that Bajaj Auto will be bringing back the Chetak brand sometime in 2019. The upcoming Bajaj Chetak will most likely be a 125cc scooter, priced at around Rs 70,000.
The new Bajaj Chetak will feature a retro design and a right mix of mileage and performance. Some sources claim that the 125cc air-cooled, single-cylinder engine makes around 9.5bhp. Unlike the original models, the new Chetak iterations will not come mated to a four-speed gearbox, but a conventional CVT unit.
Features such as a digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity, USB mobile charging port, alloy wheels, intelligently-designed storage spaces and CBS (Combined Braking System) will be part of the package. We can also expect a disc brake at the front.
Back in 2015, MD of Bajaj Auto, Rajiv Bajaj had stated that the company is not intending to launch an automatic scooter anytime soon. He shared that the company was focussing on strengthening its position in the global motorcycle market rather than entering a new segment.
Once launched, the new Bajaj Chetak will be a strong rival to the Piaggio Vespa, Aprilia SR125 and even the TVS Ntorq. Expected prices are in the range of Rs 65,000 ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Bajaj Chetak Model
The market has lately witnessed a new interest in retro-inspired models, and a modern Chetak will be an ideal example in this regard. We expect the new Bajaj Chetak to be a hit on the Indian market as there is already a cult following for its name.