- 36 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 36 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team India practice indoors as rain washes out outdoor session at Old Trafford
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A Bangalore-based start-up, Ather Energy is planning to launch their first electric scooter, the S340 in the country. The company has announced that they will start accepting bookings for the electric scooter from June 2018.
Ather Energy had showcased the prototype of the scooter two years ago, with an initial launch date in 2017. The company has now confirmed the launch will take place sometime in 2018.
The scooter will initially be sold only in Bangalore. While its expansion plans into other cities will be announced by the year's end.
The Ather S340 electric scooter boast of a host of features which include, a seven-inch touchscreen instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity, navigation assist, parking assist, vehicle charging point tracker, LED lighting, CBS and under seat storage light.
The new scooter uses a lightweight lithium-ion battery, with a range of 60km on a single charge. The electric scooter claims a top speed of 72km/h.
According to Ather, the battery used on the scooter has fast charging, which charges 80 percent of the battery in 50mins. The battery itself is expected to last up to 50,000km.
Ather Energy will first set up electric charging points in Bangalore. These charging points will be operational from May.
Apart from this, the company will also start a Customer Experience Centre in Indiranagar, Bangalore. This will allow potential customers to test out the new electric scooter.
Thoughts On The Ather Energy S340 Electric Scooter
The S340 Electric scooter from Ather Energy already has competition. The new electric scooter will take on the likes of the Flow and the Praise from 22Motors and Okinawa, respectively. Prices for the new Ather S340 electric scooter has not been revealed yet.