- EV Development Gets A Boost — Hero MotoCorp To Invest Rs 130 Crore In Ather Energy
- Ather 340 Vs Ather 450: What’s The Difference?
- Ather 340 & 450 Electric Scooters Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Ather S340 Electric Scooter Bookings To Start From June — India’s First Smart Electric Scooter
- Ather Energy Appoints Sunitha Lal As Head of Human Resources
- Ather Energy Hires Thiruppathy Srinivasan As Vice President Of Vehicle Development
Ather Energy is all set to launch its first electric scooter, the S340 in India. The Ather S340 will be launched in Bangalore on the 5th June 2018.
India's First smart electric scooter, is expected to be priced at around Rs 1 - 1.5 lakh, ex-showroom. This will make it the most expensive electric scooter to go on sale in India.
The S340 uses a Brushless DC Motor (BLDC) and a Battery Management System (BMS) developed by Ather. The company lists a torque figure of 14Nm from the motors.
The Ather Energy S340 comes with a range of 60km. While claiming to have a top speed of 72km/h, with a 0 - 40km/h time of 5.1 seconds. The batteries on the scooter are expected to last up to 50,000km.
Ather, in its first phase, will sell the scooter only in Bangalore. With expansion plans around the country, beginning by the year-end.
The Ather S340 boasts of a host of features. These include a seven-inch touchscreen instrument cluster, smartphone connectivity, navigation assist, parking assist, under-seat storage light and LED lighting. The scooter also features a vehicle charging point tracker.
The company has already launched the AtherGrid charging stations. The company has currently set up 30 EV charging stations across Bangalore, while has plans of setting up another 30 stations as well. These additional 30 charging stations will be set up by the end of 2018.
Similarly, the company first wants to set up the EV charging infrastructure in various cities, before launching the scooters.
Thoughts On The Ather Energy S340 Electric Scooter
All set to launch on the 5th June, The S340 will be India's first smart electric scooter. Once launched, the Ather S340 will take on other electric scooters: 22Motors Flow and the Okinawa Praise. Prices for the Ather S340 will be announced on the day of launch.