- 17 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 19 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Elimination: Mohan Vaidya Gets Evicted In An Emotional Episode!
- News Chandrayaan-2 Launch: 'Baahubali' to carry India's second moon mission
- Sports Badminton Asia Junior Championships 2019: Maisnam Meiraba shines as India enter quarterfinals
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Ather Energy has commenced the deliveries of the Ather 450 electric scooter in Bangalore. Ather Energy had launched the Ather 340 and 450 electric scooters in the Indian market in June 2018 with a price tag of Rs 1.09 lakh and 1.24 lakh, respectively. Now, the company has delivered the scooters to the customers.
Select few customers were invited to Aether Energy's final assembly unit in Whitefield, Bangalore to deliver the electric scooters. Before the delivery of the scooter, Ather Energy had set up private charging stations at the customer's residence. The company has also set up public fast chargers across the city.
Customers had the option to order the Ather 450 on the company website and also booking test ride slots. The company also offers a subscription plan called as Ather One. The subscription includes data cost, charging cost at home and public outlets, periodic doorstep service of the scooter and cost of the common spare parts.
The Ather 450 is equipped with a Brushless DC Motor (BLDC) and a Battery Management System developed by Ather Energy. The electric motor produces 20.5Nm of torque and the battery pack comes with a three-years or unlimited kilometres warranty.
The Ather 450 is designed for city riding conditions and the electric scooter delivers a riding range of 75km on a single charge. The Ather 450 is capable of reaching a top speed of 80km/h and can accelerate from 0-40km/h in just 3.9 seconds. The scooter also gets park assist to reverse into tight parking spots.
The Ather 450 also comes with a host of intelligent features such as a 7-inch touchscreen instrument cluster with navigation. The scooter also comes with Ather App to monitor vehicle health and charge status. The Ather 450 will also get over-the-air (OTA) updates which will add new features and functionalities.
Thoughts On The Ather 450 Electric Scooter
The Ather 450 is an ideal scooter for city riding conditions with its decent range and impressive performance figures. The intelligent features also make the Ather 450 smart and the scooter can be charged at home or through Ather Grid charging stations set up across the city. The scooter also looks stylish and will be a better option for the city as compared to the conventional scooters.