- 11 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 16 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 19 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 21 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News 'Black Panther is free', writes 20-year-old before hanging self in Blue Whale-like online Game
- Technology Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Price Slashed By Up To Rs. 1,500
- Lifestyle Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- Movies Insanely Famous Dialogues From Yash’s KGF That Went Viral; Here’s Why Mass Loves Rocky Bhai!
- Finance 3 Multibagger Stocks To Buy For The Long Term
- Sports There's always next week - McIlroy looks to the future after missing Open cut
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Ather Energy recently launched two new electric scooters in the Indian market, the 340 and the 450.
The two Smart electric scooter offering from Ather Energy share the same bodywork, underpinnings and even the features. Then, what makes the Ather 450 costlier than the 340 by Rs 15,000.
In its initial phase, both electric scooters will be available only in Bangalore. The company will expand to other cities by the year-end.
Before mentioning the differences, let look into some of the standard features on both the electric scooters.
Standard features on the Ather 340 & 450: seven-inch touchscreen instrument cluster, smartphone connectivity, navigation assist, parking assist, vehicle charging point tracker and LED lighting.
Visually, both the Ather 340 and the Ather 450 look identical. Both electric scooters share the same underpinnings, bodywork and design features. However, the only difference is the presence of green rim stickers on the wheel of the Ather 450.
Both the Ather electric scooters, the 340 and the 450 share the same brushless DC Motor (BLDC). However, the Ather 450 battery pack has a higher capacity of 2.4KWh, compared to the 1.92KWh of the Ather 340.
This provides the Ather 450 with more range and an increased top speed. With the larger lithium-ion battery, the Ather 450 has a range of 75km on Eco mode and 60km on the regular mode.
The Ather 340 on the other hand, comes with 60km range on the Eco mode and 50km on the regular mode.
The Ather 450, comparatively offers better performance figures compared to the 340.
The Ather 340 produces 4.4Kw of peak power, translating to 20Nm of torque from its motors. The company claims a top speed of 70km/h while completing a 0 - 40km/h run in 5.1 seconds.
On the other hand, the Ather 450 produces 5.4Kw of peak power. This translates to 20.5Nm of torque. The electric scooter tops out at 80km/h while recording a 0 - 40km/h time of just 3.9 seconds. This makes it one of the quickest scooters on sale.
The Ather 340 is priced at Rs 1.09 lakh, while the Ather 450 costs Rs 1.24 lakh. Both prices are On-Road (Bangalore). Additionally, Rs 700 is required to be paid for the Ather One Plan.
As an introductory offer, Ather Energy will provide a one-year free subscription for the Ather One Plan. After which, the customers can choose between a quarterly or annual payment scheme for the same.
For the total price of the Ather 340, the company also offers a charging cable, roadside assistance, free service and maintenance and even the electricity required to charge your scooter.
With the Ather 450, the company provides the same offers as on the 340. Additionally, its also provides a completely charging unit, installed at the customers' residence for free.
Thoughts On The Ather 340 & Ather 450
The Ather 340 and the 450 are India's first Smart electric scooters. Both scooters come loaded with features and powerful performance figures.