- 38 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 39 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team India practice indoors as rain washes out outdoor session at Old Trafford
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Aprilia showcased the RS 150 and the Tuono 150 at the Auto Expo 2018 and both the motorcycles were expected to be launched in the Indian market. Now, Autocar India reports that the launch of both the Aprilia RS 150 and Tuono 150 has been delayed to 2020.
The report states that Aprilia is still evaluating the market and has stated that there is a lot of interest in the 150-300cc segment in India. The Italian manufacturer might introduce both the bikes with larger engines as the 150cc engines will be an expensive affair.
The Aprilia SR 150 and the Tuono 150 draws power from a 150cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine that produces 17.7bhp and 14Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and Aprilia also offers a quick shifter as an optional accessory.
The RS 150 and Tuono 150 features an aluminium perimeter frame and the bikes are equipped with premium cycle parts such as 40mm upside-down telescopic forks at the front and adjustable monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 300mm disc at the front and 218mm disc at the rear with ABS.
Because of all the high-end components, the Aprilia SR150 and Tuono 150 were said to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh which is very expensive as compared to other bikes in the segment. But now Aprilia plans to launch the bikes with a larger engine to justify the price tag of both the bikes.
We can expect Aprilia to introduce the RS 150 and Tuono 150 with a 200cc engine, which is very popular in the country. The 200cc Aprilia bikes will take on the KTM Duke 200, RC 200, Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the RS200. With the delayed launch, Aprilia will be able to evaluate the market to come up with a competitive price tag.
Thoughts On The Aprilia RS 150 And Tuono 150
The Aprilia RS 150 is a fully faired bike while the Tuono 150 is a naked bike with a quarter fairing. Both the bikes were expected to be launched in India by 2019, but now the launch has been delayed. Aprilia might launch the bikes with larger 200cc engines as the 150cc unit will be very expensive for the Indian market.