TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Aprilia showcased the RS 150 and the Tuono 150 at the Auto Expo 2018 and both the motorcycles were expected to be launched in the Indian market. Now, Autocar India reports that the launch of both the Aprilia RS 150 and Tuono 150 has been delayed to 2020.
The report states that Aprilia is still evaluating the market and has stated that there is a lot of interest in the 150-300cc segment in India. The Italian manufacturer might introduce both the bikes with larger engines as the 150cc engines will be an expensive affair.
The Aprilia SR 150 and the Tuono 150 draws power from a 150cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine that produces 17.7bhp and 14Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and Aprilia also offers a quick shifter as an optional accessory.
The RS 150 and Tuono 150 features an aluminium perimeter frame and the bikes are equipped with premium cycle parts such as 40mm upside-down telescopic forks at the front and adjustable monoshock suspension at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 300mm disc at the front and 218mm disc at the rear with ABS.
Because of all the high-end components, the Aprilia SR150 and Tuono 150 were said to be priced around Rs 1.5 lakh which is very expensive as compared to other bikes in the segment. But now Aprilia plans to launch the bikes with a larger engine to justify the price tag of both the bikes.
We can expect Aprilia to introduce the RS 150 and Tuono 150 with a 200cc engine, which is very popular in the country. The 200cc Aprilia bikes will take on the KTM Duke 200, RC 200, Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and the RS200. With the delayed launch, Aprilia will be able to evaluate the market to come up with a competitive price tag.
Thoughts On The Aprilia RS 150 And Tuono 150
The Aprilia RS 150 is a fully faired bike while the Tuono 150 is a naked bike with a quarter fairing. Both the bikes were expected to be launched in India by 2019, but now the launch has been delayed. Aprilia might launch the bikes with larger 200cc engines as the 150cc unit will be very expensive for the Indian market.