- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 15 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
The Swiss Moto2 team with riders Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona unveiled the 2018 season bikes with new design and livery. In what could be termed as a proud moment for India and its motorsports fans, Andhra Pradesh is an official sponsorer of the Swiss Moto2 team for the 2018 MotoGP season. The Swiss Moto2 team, which was in a financial crisis, initiated the idea of crowdfunding when the state of Andhra Pradesh and a BMW motorcycle dealer from Geneva came together to sponsor the team.
The Swiss Moto2 bikes for the 2018 MotoGP season feature the Andhra Pradesh's 'Sunrise State' livery. The Swiss Moto2 bikes with State's livery look stunning with the orange and white decals. The Andhra Pradesh's partnership with a Moto2 team is an assuring sign for motorsports in India. We do hope that the more states and the centre come forward to promote motorsports in India.
Along with Andhra Pradesh, a BMW motorcycle dealer from Geneva are sponsors for the team. The KTM Moto2 bikes were assembled and picked up in Munderfing, Austria this week. Sam Lowes returns to Moto2 racing for the Swiss Moto2 squad after a season with Aprilia Racing Team Gresini in MotoGP.
Previously, Sam raced in Moto2 from 2014 to 2016, he then joined CGBM Evolution, substituting the spot left by Thomas Luthi who moved to MotoGP with EG 0,0 Marc VDS.
Initially, the CGBM team wanted to compete in 2018 MotoGP season with three Moto2 riders. There was even a valid contract by Jesko Raffin, but the Selection Committee no longer accepted the rider. Also, when CGBM did not pay the IRTA fee of € 20,000 (approximately Rs 16 lakh) per rider in time in September 2018, the team's third place was cancelled as well.
Meanwhile, the primary sponsor Olivier Métraux, who has been keeping this team alive since 2010 with great passion and financial commitment to major brands, has pulled out from the team. Since the Swiss Moto2 team lost Domi Aegerter and Tom Lüthi as top riders within a year, prominent Swiss financiers are now missing.
The 2018 Moto2 season will see 18 teams battling to take the World Championship for this season. Currently, Moto2 rider Franco Morbidelli is the reigning world champion. However, he is not defending his title as he has joined the series' premier class, MotoGP.
Thoughts About Andhra Pradesh As Sponsors Of Moto2 Team
As mentioned, both the centre and the states should come forward with initiatives to sponsors budding riders and teams of motorsports which will increase the confidence of talented riders and drivers. These initiatives by led by states and the centre will encourage many to take up motorsports rather than just bat and ball that India is so obsessed.