- 46 min ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Sports Barcelona 2008-09: The lasting legacy of Guardiola and Messi's masterpiece
- Technology Google set to reveal game titles for Stadia but is India ready for it?
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Finance Govt Merges Statistical Bodies CSO And NSSO
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Education WB HS Result 2019 Declared: 86.92 Percent Students Passed
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
Ampere Electric Vehicles has launched two new electric scooters in India. The Coimbatore-based electric vehicle company has launched the Ampere V48 and Reo Li-Ion electric scooters in the country.
The Ampere V48 is launched with a price tag of Rs 38,000 and the Reo Li-ion is priced at Rs 46,000. Both the electric scooters are equipped with lithium-ion battery pack charger. Both these newly launched scooters do not need a registration number and there is no need of a driving licence to ride these scooters.
The Ampere V48 and Reo Li-Ion are equipped with a 250W brushless DC motor. The electric motor draws power from a 48V lithium-ion battery pack. The Ampere Reo Li-ion has a payload capacity of 120kg while the Ampere V48 can haul up to 100kg.
The newly launched Ampere electric scooters will deliver a riding range of 65km/h to 70km/h depending on road conditions. The Ampere V48 and Reo Li-Ion can reach a top speed of 25km/h. Ampere states that both the scooters can be fully charged in four to five hours.
Apart from two new scooters, Ampere has also introduced a new lithium-ion charger priced at Rs 3,000. The new lithium-ion charger features a two-stage profile which changes the voltage and current level.
The battery also comes with control and monitoring system to protect the battery from short-circuit, reverse-polarity protection and high-temperature cut-off. Ampere sources the battery packs from Taiwan and China. Currently, Ampere has 150 dealerships across 14 states in the country.
Thoughts On Two New Electric Scooters From Ampere Electric Vehicles
With the increase in pollution and fuel prices, the electric vehicles are the best possible solution. Now, Ampere has introduced two new scooters with decent riding range and affordable price tag. The only downside is the top speed of the scooters which stand at 25km/h. But the scooters will be useful if you are doing short commutes within city limits.