TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Pulwama Attack — All-Party Meet Begins; Rajnath To Brief Opposition
- 2019 Honda Civic Review — Has The Magic Returned?
- India Vs Australia ODI — Rahul Returns To India Squad; Karthik & Jadeja Miss Out
- Gully Boy Friday Second Day Box Office Collection!
- Mi Pay Standalone App Arrives With MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM: Reports
- It Maybe Time For These Beaten Down Stocks To Rally
- Latent Autoimmune Diabetes In Adults
- To The Amazing Town Of Morbi In Gujarat
The 2018 Yamaha R1 has received a price cut of Rs 2.57 Lakh. Launched in December 2017 with a price tag of Rs 20.73 Lakh, the R1 now cost Rs 18.16 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), thanks to the recent reduction in excise duty on CBU imports. The Yamaha R1 is available in two colour options, Tech Black and Yamaha Blue.
The 2018 YZF-R1 comes with a 998cc cross plane, four-cylinder, four-valve engine producing 197.2bhp and 112Nm of torque mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The engine also gets additional upgrades which further help enhance the overall performance of the motorcycle.
Features on the 2018 R1 include a new Quick Shift System, Lift Control System, centrally placed forced air intakes with LED headlamps and DRLs on its either sides, fully adjustable suspension system and ABS.
The 2018 R1 has a short wheelbase of 1405mm with a ground clearance of just 130mm along with a massive fuel tank capacity of 17 litres. The motorcycle gets 320mm disc brakes at both the front and rear. The front tyre measures 120/70/17 while the rear gets 190/55/17 tyres.
The technology and the aerodynamically designed R1 design borrowed from the YZR-M1 along with the high screen and low-headlight position gives the motorcycle a race bike silhouette. The 2018 Yamaha R1 takes on rival likes Honda CBR1000RR, Suzuki GSX-R1000 and the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
Thoughts On The 2018 Yamaha R1 Price Cut
The reduction in the prices of the litre-class offering from Yamaha might be a welcome news for potential customers in that segment. But, the motorcycle is still an expensive option for others.