- 51 min ago Hero Launches Splendor Special Edition — It’s Been 25 Years Since The Splendor Was Introduced
- 2 hrs ago Citroen To Introduce La Maison Concept In India — Warm And Inviting
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Will Not Update The Corolla Altis To BS-VI Norms — Suzuki To Miss Out On C-Segment Offering
- 4 hrs ago Kochi To Get 15 Electric Vehicle Charging Station — Total Operational Capacity By End 2020
- Movies Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Team Celebrates As Becomes No 1; Erica Reveals Why TRP Of KZK Is Increasing!
- News Day after BJP's massive victory, PM Modi to chalk out action plan on govt formation
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Finance UK PM Theresa May Resigns Amid Brexit Crisis
- Sports Kirti Azad to Gautam Gambhir to Mohammed Kaif: Former India cricketers who won and lost in elections
- Lifestyle 10 Excellent Health Benefits Of Fish
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Home-grown two-wheeler manufacturer, tvs motor Company has launched the BS-IV compliant Jupiter in India.
Prices remain unchanged with the base variant priced at Rs 49,666, and the top trim with disc brake is priced at Rs 53,666 [All prices ex-showroom (Delhi)].
The TVS Jupiter is the second scooter from the company to get BS-IV engine this year after TVS Wego. The 110cc Jupiter now comes with Automatic Headlamp On (AHO) function in line with the safety regulations.
The TVS Jupiter is now available in two new colours - Jade Green and Mystic Gold, along with the existing colours. Also, the base variant of the Jupiter will get Sync Braking System (SRS), the feature was previously available only on the ZX variant.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President Marketing- Scooters, TVS Motor Company, said "TVS Jupiter has received such enthusiasm from the consumers, in response to its credo of 'Zyada ka Fayda'. Living true to this credo not only is the entire Jupiter range now BSIV compliant, it now offers the unique Sync Braking System (SBS) across the complete range (earlier only available on the ZX range)."
He also said, "Further, for our customers, we are adding two colours Jade Green and Mystic Gold, giving them ten colour options to choose from."
Apart from the BS-IV update, the Jupiter engine specifications remain the same with the 109.7cc single-cylinder mill producing 8bhp and 8Nm of torque. The motor comes mated to an automatic gearbox.
The Jupiter also comes with TVS patented Econometer, which guides riders in both 'Eco Mode' and 'Power Mode' and the engine achieves best-in-class fuel economy in 'Eco' mode. The BS-IV compliance is indicated by the sticker seen on the front panel.
TVS has sold close to 1.5 million units and competes with the likes of newly launched Honda Activa 4G, Mahindra Gusto and the Hero Maestro Edge. The updated Jupiter has reached dealerships and can now be booked across the company's showrooms in India.
If you are looking to buy a more powerful scooter in India, then consider the Aprilia SR150 Race Edition, also read our exclusive review, below is an extensive photo gallery, click to view and decide.