- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Kamlesh Tiwari murder case: Court grants 72 hours transit remand for 3 accused
- Sports ISL 2019-20: KBFC vs ATK: Ogbeche the hero as Kerala strike down ATK in Indian Super League opener
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Home-grown two-wheeler manufacturer, tvs motor Company has launched the BS-IV compliant Jupiter in India.
Prices remain unchanged with the base variant priced at Rs 49,666, and the top trim with disc brake is priced at Rs 53,666 [All prices ex-showroom (Delhi)].
The TVS Jupiter is the second scooter from the company to get BS-IV engine this year after TVS Wego. The 110cc Jupiter now comes with Automatic Headlamp On (AHO) function in line with the safety regulations.
The TVS Jupiter is now available in two new colours - Jade Green and Mystic Gold, along with the existing colours. Also, the base variant of the Jupiter will get Sync Braking System (SRS), the feature was previously available only on the ZX variant.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President Marketing- Scooters, TVS Motor Company, said "TVS Jupiter has received such enthusiasm from the consumers, in response to its credo of 'Zyada ka Fayda'. Living true to this credo not only is the entire Jupiter range now BSIV compliant, it now offers the unique Sync Braking System (SBS) across the complete range (earlier only available on the ZX range)."
He also said, "Further, for our customers, we are adding two colours Jade Green and Mystic Gold, giving them ten colour options to choose from."
Apart from the BS-IV update, the Jupiter engine specifications remain the same with the 109.7cc single-cylinder mill producing 8bhp and 8Nm of torque. The motor comes mated to an automatic gearbox.
The Jupiter also comes with TVS patented Econometer, which guides riders in both 'Eco Mode' and 'Power Mode' and the engine achieves best-in-class fuel economy in 'Eco' mode. The BS-IV compliance is indicated by the sticker seen on the front panel.
TVS has sold close to 1.5 million units and competes with the likes of newly launched Honda Activa 4G, Mahindra Gusto and the Hero Maestro Edge. The updated Jupiter has reached dealerships and can now be booked across the company's showrooms in India.
If you are looking to buy a more powerful scooter in India, then consider the Aprilia SR150 Race Edition, also read our exclusive review, below is an extensive photo gallery, click to view and decide.