TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
The production version of the TVS Graphite scooter has been spotted testing on a highway in Karnataka. A YouTuber has captured the scooter in action.
The video shows that the TVS Graphite is being chased by an Aprilia SR 150 which is doing around 110km/h. So, the Graphite will be capable of easily doing triple digit speeds which suggests that it is a performance scooter.
TVS showcased the Graphite scooter as a concept model at the 2014 Auto Expo with a funky design. Now, with the success of Aprilia SR 150, TVS might have gone ahead to produce the scooter. It will be the first product from TVS in the performance scooter segment.
The Graphite spotted on test features sporty bodywork and alloy wheels. By looking at the high-speed performance, the scooter is likely to draw power from a 150cc engine. Apart from that, the scooter is expected to get same features as seen in the concept model.
The concept version of the Graphite was equipped with features such as dual-channel ABS, engine immobiliser and smart electronic key. The scooter will be based on an all-new frame made out of high tensile steel.
The Graphite will be equipped with telescopic suspension at the front and gas charged dampers at the rear. Braking duties will be handled by disc and drum at front and rear respectively. Other prominent features of the scooter are sleek headlamp, external fuel tank cap and split grab rails.
The TVS Graphite will be equipped with a fully digital instrument cluster which will add to its premium tag. The scooter is expected to be offered in dual-tone colours similar to the concept model.
It looks like TVS is entering the niche segment of performance scooters in India. Compared to the Aprilia SR 150, the Graphite looks bulky with more design elements. The performance of the scooter can be seen in the video as the SR 150 is having a hard time keeping up with the test model. The pricing will be the key factor for the success of Graphite in India.