- News Explained: The Assisted Reproductive Technology Bill, 2020; What does the legislation intend to do
- Movies Vicky Kaushal-Katrina Kaif's Wedding: Complaint Filed Against Celebrity Couple For This Reason
- Technology Infinix Hot 12, Infinix Note 12 Launch Tipped For Early 2022; Premium Upgrades Expected
- Finance 2 Bluechip Pharma Stocks That Dropped 30 To 40% From 52-week Highs, Should You Buy?
- Sports Everton 2-1 Arsenal: Stunning Gray strike snatches last-gasp victory
- Education DSE Odisha Provisional Selection List 2021 Released For 6720 TGT And Telugu Teachers Posts, Check Details
- Lifestyle Omicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kohima
Honda showcased the Navi at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Navi is a crossover between a bike and a scooter and was developed in India. The Minibike was shaped from the famous Grom motorcycle from Honda.
The 'mini-bike' is powered by the same tried and tested 110cc four-stroke engine which also powers the Activa and churns out 8 bhp of power and 9Nm of torque.
It has a fuel tank capacity of 3.8 liters and returns a fuel efficiency figure of 60kmpl, as claimed by Honda. It also features telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear.
Honda had launched the Navi in two new variants - the 'Chrome edition' and the 'Adventure edition'. Moreover, customers can also get the mini-bike customised in different colour shades.
Speaking about the sales of the Navi, the company sold over 50,000 units from the time it was launched in March 2016 till October 2016. So that works out to approximately 7,142 units sold a month.
But, unfortunately, from November 2016 till March 2017, Honda could only sell 10,000 unit of the Navi, selling a total of 60,000 units of the Navi from March 2016 till March 2017.
The sales of the Honda Navi dropped from around 2000 units to less than 300 units in a matter of four months. The cause of this drastic fall in the sales numbers is still unknown.
Nevertheless, Honda made a great effort trying to bring the spark in the mini two-wheeler segment by launching the Navi. Stay tuned for more information.