TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Royal Enfield is all set to introduce the Himalayan in the US market. Spokesman.com reports that the company is in the process of getting all the necessary certification.
According to a Royal Enfield official, a couple of Himalayan motorcycles were sent to the US market and the people who rode it gave positive feedback.
In the US motorcycle market, the adventure segment is the only growing category. So, Royal Enfield wants to utilise the trend in the United States. The motorcycle will be targeted towards riders who want to go off-road as well as on highways.
But in the North American market, the sales of Royal Enfield has been poor compared to its competition. So, the company plans to boost its sales through the 60 dealership network and also by introducing new models.
The India-spec Royal Enfield Himalayan draws power from a 411cc single cylinder; fuel injected engine producing 24.5bhp and 32Nm of peak torque. The engine is coupled to a 5-speed gearbox.
Due to the strict regulations in the US market, Royal Enfield might ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) as standard equipment. There will be no other changes done to the motorcycle.
Royal Enfield is keen to improve its sales in the US market, so the company is planning to introduce the Himalayan. The company is also developing a twin-cylinder middleweight motorcycle to consolidate its position in the global motorcycle market.