TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
At an event in Australia, the Royal Enfield Continental GT has set the land speed record, making it the fastest Royal Enfield by more than a kilometer.
Australian dealership ‘Motorcycle Revolution' and ‘Prancing Pony Brewery' participated in the ‘Dry Lake Racers Australia Speed Week.' The event held at the large dried salt lake, witnesses participants from around the country and other countries like New Zealand, UK and the America.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT was in the ‘650 MPS-PG' category, which is open for bikes with up to 650cc pushrod engines using fuel pump system. The Continental GT attained a maximum speed of 166.311 km/h, winning in the category.
The Continental GT underwent mild modifications such as new cams, new pushrods, valves and valve springs.
The power was raised further with the help of Dynojet Power Commander V along with tuned dyno of the motorcycle.
With the additional modification, power increased by about 40 percent, which alters roughly into 40bhp of maximum power.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT is a cafe racer motorcycle that is equipped with largest Royal Enfield engine.
The electronically fuel injected, single-cylinder, air-cooled motor with new throttle body churns out a maximum of 29bhp, making it most potent Royal Enfield in the market.
Another retro-styled motorcycle set to be launched in India is the Triumph Bonneville Bobber. Below is an extensive photo gallery of the Bonneville Bobber, click to view.