- 3 hrs ago Mitsubishi Ralliart Set To Make A Comeback: Lots Of Sideways Rallying Action Coming Soon
- 6 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spied Testing In Desert Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Andalucia Rally Final Results: Hero MotoSports Finishes 4th Overall In The Road To Dakar Rally
- 10 hrs ago TVS Ntorq 125 Sales Cross 1 Lakh Units Mark In International Markets: New Milestone Achieved!
- Movies Prashanth Sambargi On His Bigg Boss Kannada 8 Journey: My Biggest Takeaway Was To Respect People's Emotions
- News Rajasthan BJP slams Congress leaders questioning export of COVID-19 vaccines
- Sports SS Das named Indian women's team's batting coach
- Education Calcutta University Result 2021 Declared For BA And BSc Odd Semester
- Technology Oppo Reno6 5G Live Images Surface; iPhone 12 Ripoff?
- Finance Facebook To Come Up With Its Own Cryptocurrency Diem In 2021
- Lifestyle Dexamethasone Vs Methylprednisolone In COVID-19 Treatment: Which Drug Is Better?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Italian motorcycle manufacturer Ducati has revealed the new 2018 Multistrada 1260 ahead of the 2017 EICMA Show in Milan, Italy. The updated adventure motorcycle gets cosmetic and mechanical changes.
The 2018 Multistrada 1260 features a bigger 1,262cc engine, new chassis, advanced electronics, new fairing panels and lighter and sporty alloy wheels.
The new iteration of the Ducati Multistrada also features Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT. The variable valve timing with desmo valve actuation delivers a right mix of horsepower and low-end torque.
The new 1,262cc engine on the 2018 Multistrada meets the Euro-IV emission norms and produces 157.8bhp and 129.4Nm of torque. The new engine has a flat torque curve and delivers 85 percent of torque at 3,500 rpm which is a good thing for an adventure motorcycle.
Trending On DriveSpark:
Suzuki Intruder 150: Clear Images Reveals Design And Other Details
Ducati Panigale V4 Unveiled Ahead Of EICMA
Renault Captur Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Spy Pics: Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 Spotted Testing In India
The 2018 Multistrada 1260 will be offered in four variants: entry-level Multistrada 1260, Multistrada 1260 S and S D-Air, and Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak. The wheelbase of the motorcycle has been increased from 1,530mm to 1,585mm which will aid in better stability and comfortable riding.
The Multistrada 1260 features Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) which controls Ducati Wheelie Control, Bosch Cornering ABS and electronic speed control. The motorcycle gets four riding modes: Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro. Each mode alters the power delivery, DTC, DWC and ABS presets which is helpful in various riding conditions.
The Suspension duties are handled by fully adjustable 48mm Kayaba upside-down forks and Sachs monoshock at the rear. The motorcycle features dual 320mm discs with Brembo four-piston calipers up front and 265mm disc at the rear.
The Multistrada 1260 S is equipped with full LED headlight and Ducati Cornering Lights (DCL) and a new 5-inch TFT screen with navigational menus. The S variant features Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS) Evolution technology which electronically adjusts the compression and rebound damping.
Other electronic upgrades include new ride-by-wire throttle, Ducati Quick Shift, Ducati Traction Control system with eight levels and Bosch 9.1ME Cornering ABS ECU. If all these features are not enough for you, the Multistrada is also available in the top-spec Pikes Peak variant.
The Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak features high-definition TFT display, semi-active Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS), vehicle hold control, Ohlins forks and TTX36 shock, carbon fiber Ducati Performance exhaust by Termignoni, forged aluminium wheels, carbon fibre bodywork and race livery.
The 2018 Multistrada 1260 gets an all-new engine with a host of improvements. On the design front, not much has changed except for the new improved exhaust system. Ducati claims that the new engine is more agile with a better low-end torque which makes it an easy-to-ride motorcycle even for beginners.