- 2018 Honda CD 110 Dream DX Launched In India; Priced At Rs 48,641
- Honda Riders All Set For The Round 2 Of Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship
- 2018 Honda Activa 125 Top Features To Know: LED Headlight, Semi-Digital Console, CBS System & More
- 2018 Honda Activa 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 59,621
- Honda Is Working On An Updated Version Of The Navi — Launch Details Revealed
- Honda Kick-Starts ‘Idemitsu Honda India Talent Hunt’ In Bangalore
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has halted the production of its two motorcycles, the CBR 150R and CBR 250R.
Moneycontrol reports that Honda has not produced a single unit of the two motorcycles since April 1, 2017. Most of the older stocks were sold during the clearance sale on March 30-31, 2017 with discounts.
Both the motorcycles were BS-III compliant and were useless after the ban on BS-III vehicles from April 1, 2017. Honda has already removed the CBR 150R and CBR 250R from its official website in India.
Now, a Honda spokesperson has revealed that both the motorcycles could return to the market but did not confirm the launch timeline. Sources also confirmed that the new motorcycles would not only be BS-IV compliant, but it will be equipped with additional features.
The spokesperson said, "Moving forward, there is a plan to come back in this segment. However, it is too early to disclose details of the same." Launched in 2011, both the faired bikes were popular due to its refined engine and built quality. The BS-III compliant Honda CBR 150R produced 18.3bhp and the larger 250R pumped out 26.15bhp of power.
But without proper updates, the sales of the motorcycles dwindled, especially in the past one year. With the advent of new and more affordable rivals, the CBR 250R and CBR 150R suffered a huge setback in the country.
Honda has finally given a hint that the updated versions of the CBR 250R and CBR 150R will hit the showrooms. Apart from the BS-IV engine, the motorcycles will have few additional features. We expect Honda to bring the new models which are already on sale in the foreign markets.